Mike F 15-Aug-18
Duke 16-Aug-18
albino 21-Aug-18
Glunker 21-Aug-18
albino 22-Aug-18
Glunker 22-Aug-18
albino 22-Aug-18
14-Aug-18
It has been pretty brutal for rain and very hot in my neck of the woods. You guys food plotting - how ya all doing?

14-Aug-18
My food plot this year is planting some new lawn, the deer are gonna love it along with the apple trees across the driveway from the new grass. Gonna need to water the grass tomorrow if the forecast does not call for rain.

14-Aug-18
Deer are into the apples. Neighbor has like 65 trees and man there in there gobbling up the fallen fruit!

15-Aug-18
We need it around Wausau. Corn and beans looked good all year till this last 80 degree muggy heat wave. Heavy dew is helping but we could use a soaker

15-Aug-18

albino's embedded Photo
albino's embedded Photo
Not much for deer in my new area. I planted a small plot with radishes & turnips & a little fall rye for cover. Right after I planted it by throw & hope I got 1 1/4 inches of rain in about 15 minutes. The ground here is clay like instead of the sand I had in Columbia county so I figured if I tried to pack it would stick to everything but the ground. It is growing good but I have waves of clumps of radishes. Could be worse. I could still seed in the spots that are bare. I have one apple tree that seems to have dropped 90% of its apples. There is a doe that comes in the middle of the night about every 4 days so most are just rotting. The Turkeys found it pretty quick & i'll send a pic with a chick that looks like she is trying to hatch some apples.

15-Aug-18
Dang, I double clicked. See if I can delete one.

15-Aug-18
No rain in sight. Heard today that some farmers are now cutting corn for silage.

At least trying to save something from that stalk!

15-Aug-18
Right after I sent my last post it started raining here & had 4/10ths today. Jefferson County.

15-Aug-18
Need rain bad in Portage and Waupaca counties. Holding off on throwing down some seed.

16-Aug-18
It is getting dry here in Central WI. My earlier plots are still holding, but are looking depressed, however late round is in desperate need of relief. By this time next week I may drag late plots again, replant and start the dance.

21-Aug-18
Be careful what you wish for. lol I had another 2 1/2 inches & now tonight another 3 inches so far.

Madison is getting dumped on. I saw a bunch of liberals floating toward Illinois.

21-Aug-18
West side of Madison got 9-13" depending on you exact location. I heard a large group spent the night in the west side Cosco. I am worried my last planting was washed away. I have a 5" rain guage, guess i need a bigger guage.

22-Aug-18
Hey Glunker, how are you? You know all you have to do is wade out there & dive down to empty that rain gauge every hour. It won't be a good time to buy a used car in Madison for a while. That looked bad. They had to tow hundreds of them. At least there is still time to replant. Mine got all clumped up when we had the 1/2 inch rain in 15 minutes. It sprung up fast & the 5 or so inches we had in 2 days since didn't make it any worse. We got a new Theisen's store here & they have bins of food plot seeds so I can get what ever I want to fill in the bald spots. I will wait till it grows a bit more as I now have 12 turkeys there daily.

22-Aug-18
Things are good, but a 13" rain can mess with a construction project. Looked at my foodplots today and they look great as Dodgeville got about 2". The Frosty Delight i recently planted is just breaking out of the moist ground. Rain is forecasted for Friday so it should all work. Expecting a great season but things get in the way.

22-Aug-18
Yup, that was a bad storm. I am used to that sand country & this gumbo here will be a learning curve. I did throw some pumpkin seeds on the edge early & have 2 that are over 100 pounds. I save the seeds from some albino pumpkins I grew. It seems like every other year they are White. Never have been over 15 pounds. This year they started White but are a lighter Orange now. Good Luck this Fall.

• Sitka Gear