goldtip5575 15-Aug-18
LTG 11 15-Aug-18
Ksgobbler 15-Aug-18
KSLand 15-Aug-18
Thornton 16-Aug-18
writer 17-Aug-18
Thornton 18-Aug-18
14-Aug-18
Does anyone have any information on the Hillsdale Lake area for Dove hunting? I will be going up to visit my brother in Olathe (8th and 9th) and that seems to be the best (and closest) area to find some doves. I found the tillable map online, but is there any insight into how busy the fields get? TIA

15-Aug-18
All the dove will be blown out of all the public areas by the 3rd.

15-Aug-18
The public dove fields get really busy. REALLY busy.

15-Aug-18
Bring a flak jacket and safety glasses.

15-Aug-18
LOL that's kind of what I figured. Is there anywhere decent within a reasonable drive from Olathe? Just looking for a couple hour morning hunt for a day.

16-Aug-18
I've hunted public dove fields since I was a kid. Made me a very aggressive hunter. I drew the line a few years ago the last year they allowed lead shot at Fall River. We pulled into the field and I estimated 40 hunters so we left and went to a different spot. A guy left that field in an ambulance later that morning because he soaked up some shot. There were so many people they couldn't tell who shot him.

17-Aug-18
Don’t rule out those dove fields if we get some migrants. I’ve shot limits as late as the 15th at one. But not always the case.

18-Aug-18
Several years I've been able to shoot quite a few well into late October by walking them up like quail out of milo, corn, foxtail, and alfalfa. One of our best years was at Eldorado WA and there was a long field they left standing corn in rows after harvest.

• Sitka Gear