spike78 15-Aug-18
bigwoodsbucks22 15-Aug-18
Tom M 15-Aug-18
Will 15-Aug-18
Tom M 16-Aug-18
spike78 16-Aug-18
Tom M 16-Aug-18
15-Aug-18
Anyone have experience with these? After my last broadhead poll and I am going to give it another shot at getting a fixed blade to fly correctly. I am hearing nothing but fantastic things about these Strickland Helix broadheads online. They are a 2 blade single bevel fixed head that supposedly penetrate better than anything else out there. A lot of people use them for bear moose and elk which says something. People say they are incredibly accurate and are designed to work with helical fletching to take care of the common "not flying like field points" thing which is what I have. Want to hear from some of you guys though. Any of you or your buddys use them? How do they shoot, how do they penetrate, and how is the blood trail?

15-Aug-18
I have some knock offs from EBay and they are damn thick. I don’t think I ever tried them out after I found out they were fake although I’m positive they are tough and I could probably use them on deer no problem. Another head you may want to check out is the Kudu as it is similar and has great reviews and a cheaper price.

15-Aug-18
my biggest concern is lack of blood trail with a 2 blade fixed head at only a 1 1/4" cut. The other head im considering is QAD Exodus simply because it is 3 blades and thus a bigger entry/exit hole. Mind you, I'm restricted to deep six compatible broadheads but I do have a lot of good options which is nice. Not considering any 4 blade heads this time around.

15-Aug-18
BW, I'll be using a single bevel for the first time this year also. Everything I've read about single bevels states that you actually get much larger wound channels than the width of the blade, because the single bevel design allows the arrow to continue rotating through the animal, unlike a double bevel, or any broadheads with 3-4 blades which stops rotation.

15-Aug-18
I also just got the QAD Exodus and they are a nasty looking head gonna see how they fly this weekend. Bigwoods if you want my Helix knock off I will send you one to try out their pretty much spot on to a Helix.

15-Aug-18
I very much appreciate that offer. Do you have the deep six version?

15-Aug-18
Oh shoot forgot you said that not deep six.

15-Aug-18
Thanks anyways. Going to do a little more research then I just need to pull the plug on something soon. Season starts in 1 month from today, running out of time to be getting broadhead's dialed in. Might just order some Exodus since theyre cheaper and if they shoot good, that will be it. If not, I will consider trying the Helix or just sticking with my rage's.

15-Aug-18
I like them , they fly great shot a decent buck last season with them quartering shot complete pass through 22 yards , exited through the front shoulder decent blood trail deer traveled 40-50 yards .. shot with a black widow 50 @ 28 if you want to try one pm me I have a few you can try .. Tom

15-Aug-18
Tom (and Spike) very cool of you guys to help Dan out in his quest!

Tom - what arrow weight are you shooting? Black Widow's are so dang pretty... Just gorgeous bows.

16-Aug-18
Will I believe it’s around 550-600 depends on what broad head I’m using, I really like shooting 150 grain woodsmans those 3 blades fly great for me, I like using single bevels also ,like heavier grizzlies, the only issue I do have with the helix is once their dull , I have trouble sharpening them , and their pretty expensive.

16-Aug-18
Tom do you have the Helix sharpener?

16-Aug-18
Yes, it works ok, but because of the shoulder it’s not like stropping a regular single bevel so it hard for me anyway to get it perfect, where a straight single bevel you get it to shave.

• Sitka Gear