Belchertown Bowman 03-Jan-19
Skippah 03-Jan-19
Ungie01201 03-Jan-19
fran 03-Jan-19
Belchertown Bowman 03-Jan-19
Ungie01201 04-Jan-19
Belchertown Bowman 04-Jan-19
16-Aug-18
So I was curious about stablizers for my new Triax,.. I have read on Archery site that some folks say you really don't need it on this bow because it is already balanced and quiet as all heck.

What did you folks decide?,. I know a lot of it is personal preference but wondering what I should do.. I plan on shooting it without at first and then testing at the store with some of theirs.

What did you guys do?

Also anyone got any ideal how long for Triax that is ordered,.. to actually get into my hands? Are we talking 6 or 8 weeks? Maybe I am one of the few idiots ordering one this late? LOL

16-Aug-18
A stabilizer on a modern compound is really about personal preference. Most guys like the solid feel it gives an ultra light bow. Some guys retrofit a camera to it or a wrist sling. You are from B-town i'm assuming (Belchertown Bowman). R&R is a Mathews dealer last I knew, no? Are they out of Triax's? You should be able to walk in and leave with one in hand if you wanted to. I was born and raised in Indian Orchard and went through the Ludlow school system. R&R used to be my go to gun/bow shop before I moved to the zone 10 area, so I don't mean to sound condescending with the questioning.

16-Aug-18
I tried the Triax first without the stabilizer and then with a 6 inch "Mathews" harmonic dampened stabilizer. I bought the damper . It was easy to see the difference .

16-Aug-18
I shoot a Halon but its super similar. I bought a stabilizer to help with pin float and to add weight since i don't like a really light bow. So glad i did. These new Mathews you don't really need any more dampening out of them so i didn't really notice much difference on that end. Its dead in my hands anyways. But it definitely helped with pin float.

16-Aug-18

Belchertown Bowman's Link
Ya RR had the stock ones 6x all the same lost camo riser and limbs with black strings on the shelf,.. I could have grabbed one.

I wanted something unique,,.. different than the herd so to say. Something that is not like others,.. Hot Pink is what I picked! LOL

YA I suffer from that pin float and hope the 85% let off will also assist with that. My old bow was 65% and the wiggle pissed me off. Ya ya I know get more muscles!!

Ok I will get a stabilizer been looking over those BeeStingers that you can change the weight on the end of it,..

https://www.beestinger.com/Stabilizers/Hunting/Pro-Hunter-Maxx-Stabilizer.aspx

Thanks for the help, never had a bow this nice before, trying to set it up right.

16-Aug-18
Awesome man. I always go against the current flow as well. Hate to blend in with the crowd. Those bee stingers are nice. Good price on them too.

16-Aug-18
BB, I thought for sure you would have gone with the mud camo so you can really blend in with your preferred surroundings ;-)

16-Aug-18
BB, I could be corrected, Shawn, if you see this, please correct me or fill in my knowledge gaps!

The stabilizer helps you both hold a hair steadier, and to a larger degree, due to the weight away from the bow's center of mass, helps the bow resist minute motion at the shot which could impact accuracy.

I've seen arguments about the length being key, with tourney archers using very long ones to maximize positive impact, and hunters using short ones to minimize snagging on stuff...

I know some folks dont use em. Heck, I dont know if any trad guys use them hunting. So I'm sure it's overkill... But if you can, shoot your bow with and without, then make the call.

B-Stingers are awesome. I think Peter just bought a few lengths off Ebay for a price that would have basically been one new one or something so he could try them out. You may look there BB if you want to save a few bucks.

16-Aug-18
I think the ideal of saving a few bucks went out the window when I bought a Triax! LOL

Mud colored,.. that does sound good,.. probably happen first day of the season again!

Mud Man

16-Aug-18
If you wanted to be different then the herd then you wouldn’t have gotten a Mathews! Ha just kidding. That’s why I bought my bow!

16-Aug-18
I hear ya Spike and that thing intrigued the shit outta me. I just was not sure, and as you know am pretty novice on this stuff. So I could not likely evaluate the bow like some old timers here could,.. you included. As a Noob I decided go with a known good bow that I can clearly say a lot of folks like. I shot it and it was huge compared to my old one.

So I would not be surprised if some future day I again look at your bow,.. maybe when I know more. You guys here all teach me so much it is crazy good info,..

I also want to try a Traditional bow sometime,.. there is a basic appeal of that,. for me. I read all those posts, but know jack shit so don't really comment on them! LOL

16-Aug-18
You made a great choice I really liked the Triax but said no I will wait a year and maybe they will lower the price then I kept reading and damnit bought a bow! I’m happy though.

16-Aug-18
reedy's said it would be 3 weeks if I odered a custom one. luckily they had ordered a bunch that were coming in this week and one was the color scheme I wanted. I have 8" (I believe) bee stinger on my current bow. bought it because of the adjustable weights to help pin float. it helped tremendously. may stick with that on the triax or go with the Mathews one. just gotta find/make time to head back down there. it should be waiting for me. i believe they make something to turn your stabilizer into a quick connect. anyone have one? does it work good. so tired of unscrewing it so the bow will fit in the case.

18-Aug-18
Bqp my stinger is on route what weights did ya stick on the end

Ps the Halons are a hundred off at R&R

Pss. Spike ,.. Ken says i just missed ya at R&R! I really wanna see that bow!

18-Aug-18
Yeah I was supposed to rebuild my porch today but my cousin said tomorrow would be better so I said screw it and ran to R&R. I always look for your Jeep or Mustang when so go there. Send me your number and I will call next time. How did that conversation start with Ken lol?

02-Sep-18
I got a quick connect for my stabilizer on the new triax. cant believe I never used one before! so much easier/better

02-Sep-18
I got a quick connect for my stabilizer on the new triax. cant believe I never used one before! so much easier/better

03-Sep-18
I am thinking of getting a new bow this year and the triax has me interested. How does the bow feel at full draw?Does it hold well at the wall without string creep? Any input is appreciated positive or negative.

03-Sep-18
I am thinking of getting a new bow this year and the triax has me interested. How does the bow feel at full draw?Does it hold well at the wall without string creep? Any input is appreciated positive or negative.

03-Sep-18
Sorry guys I just saw the post for triax owners.

03-Sep-18
BB, Will is right I bought some used on Archerytalk.com. There are so many used beestingers available there. I bought them cheap. I figured a stabilizer is just one of those things that do not wear out so going used is low risk. I bought like three or four different lengths and a bunch of weights. The longest one was 15 inches. That with a six inch back stab and 4 ounces in front and 2 in back are money on my bow (37 ATA). I swapped to a four inch dampener, but kept the rear stab in place to see how it would work for hunting. It is good enough, but not nearly as stable as the long bar. I may just end up with the long bar for hunting. It is still shorter than an arrow.

If you are ever near Worcester or Auburn, I am happy to bring them all with me and you can shoot them at the range in Auburn. It is definitely trial and error. I learned this much, weight can help offset length..... to a degree. Pete

03-Sep-18
Fran go to a store and shoot one for yourself,.. don't listen to others.

For me the Triax shoots great,.. still waiting for mine to arrive,.. waiting,.. waiting!

AAAHHHGGGG!!!!!

03-Sep-18
BB I plan on making a trip to Reedys to shoot the Triax and the Halon 32. There is always good info on the Ma. site and nice to know what others think. Good luck with your new bow.

03-Sep-18
BB I plan on making a trip to Reedys to shoot the Triax and the Halon 32. There is always good info on the Ma. site and nice to know what others think. Good luck with your new bow.

03-Sep-18
Same to you Fran. Check out the Triax customizer web site at Mathews. I did not know ya could do that sorta stuff to a bow you are buying. but i never owned a nice bow before either! Lol

05-Sep-18
BB I just ordered my Triax!

05-Sep-18
Ha - seems to happen every time someone shoots a Triax :)! Enjoy it Fran! I LOVED the Halon that I shot. First Matthews that has me thinking that may be the way I go for my next bow, whenever that day comes.

Hope it gets here soon BB - going to be really fun for you!

05-Sep-18
Fran what patterning did you get and give us details, poundage, colors, etc.

Still waiting for mine,.. Fran you are cutting it closer than even I did! I am migrating a bunch of gear like my drop away rest, sights, etc off my old bow, so I sure hope it gets here soon! Getting worried!

05-Sep-18
After shooting the Triax I am finally willing to let my Z-7 go the bow is simply amazing to shoot which is hard to belive with a 28" axle to axle. I am in for a 60lb bow and am leaning to all black or smoke but with all the color combo's i am having a hard time making up my mind. Being the biggest seller of Mathews bows in the world Reedys turn around time is quick so if I want a custom color combo it should be here in 2-weeks or if I go with black I can get it this friday.He also has a bunch of other Triax's in different colors coming friday and next week. Decisions! Decisions. BB you should be all right the way the bow shoots your dealer will have you shooting lights out in no time.

05-Sep-18
Don't shoot a Prime, you might not like your Matthews anymore ;^)

06-Sep-18
I have an 8" B Stinger on my Halon.

06-Sep-18
Pro shooters say you should have at least a 12" to 14" stabilizer along with either a left or right angled one too, depending on your shooting style. YouTube Levi Morgan. He has a great segment on what you need out of a stabilizer. He applies a lot of his tournament shooting into his hunting set ups...really interesting how he does it..

07-Sep-18
mrw, I'm not brand loyal but I am dealer loyal. I don't work on my own bows so it's nice to know if I have a problem during the season I can rely on the shop to get me back out there quickly. There are plenty of bows out there that I would love to try but my guy deals mostly with Mathews so Mathews it is. It could be worse now that I think about it. lol

27-Sep-18
Remember you guys talking about stabilizers on this thread so bought the new 6inch Mathews for my no cam. What a difference at 30-40 yards. Sweet and worth every penny of the $130.

27-Sep-18
I am trying to finish up sighting in the new Triax and got my Bee Stinger but have not put it all together yet. I will pipe in to if there is a precieved difference with and without the stabilizer,..

02-Jan-19
Digging up an old thread. Waiting for my custom strings to show up has allowed me to really play around a lot with my new bow. I have tweaked yokes, I learned how to put a nice tight serving on my string (better job than Bowtech for sure), have moved d-loop all over the place just to see what would happen, and most recently started to mess around with stabilizers.

I have settled on a 15 beestinger for the bow because everything I read concluded anything under a foot long is just for dampening. So the next part to figure out was weight. I was hoping to use as little weight as possible, figuring the longer the stab the less weight I will need. I tried 0oz, 1oz, 4oz and 8oz. I really could not tell much of a difference until I got out to forty yards. 8oz was the clear winner. Pin float was a bit better compared to the other weights but the real difference was at the shot. It really helped any imperfections on my part. Does it matter at 20 yards when hunting? Probably not except I wonder if that not so perfect shot might be just a little better.

BB, what did you settle on for the Triax? Did you find a difference?

03-Jan-19
I shoot a Halon 7 with an 8" Bee Stinger Stabilizer. I looked at the Triax and it is just too short for me. Plus, i'm scared of the 6" brace height. My form is not the best. I was reading up on the new Vertix, but again, it has a 6" brace height. Anyone care to share any feedback on either of these? I have been told that the way they shoot I wouldn't notice a difference... I'm not convinced though.

03-Jan-19
I shoot the triax with the 8" Mathews harmonic stabilizer, I love it. It's only my second bow (first one was a bass pro special redhead toxic made by diamond) but I can say that as a fairly new bow shooter I feel extremely confident with my ability with this bow. I also practice alot

03-Jan-19
I just went to a shorter brace height. I thought I would notice a difference. Not sure I can tell. I shot the vertix last weekend. Nice bow. Heck.... they are all nice bows today.

03-Jan-19
Triax is awesome,.. I am 6'2" no issue with the shorty bow.

03-Jan-19
Ungie,.. did you shot a Triax?

I am big and it is great,.. unless you are a monster it should be fine for ya.

03-Jan-19
Same height as BB....no issues here either

03-Jan-19
I have not shot it yet. I have tried to stay away from the new bows and just keep my Halon 7. I am 6' 250lb. I'm sure they would all fit me fine. I have always preferred a 7" BH bow though.

03-Jan-19
3- shots and 3- deer with my triax I love the bow I agree about the 6-inch brace height not being forgiving but had zero concern after I shot it. It is a tack driver.

03-Jan-19
One more ? Ungie,..

You prefer a 7" BH ,.. but have you ever owned and shot for a while a 6" one ???

04-Jan-19
BB, I used to have a 6" brace height bow... it was a Bowtech Insanity CPX years ago. I just wasn't as consistent with it. Everyone tells me that there is not much of a difference between 6" & 7" with all of the new technology advancements, torqueless grips, etc.

04-Jan-19
K,.. well let us know what new bow you end up with, bet you will love it. As many have said they all great.

• Sitka Gear