Colorado
Contributors to this thread:
thrasher 16-Aug-18
squirrel 17-Aug-18
Sandbrew 18-Aug-18
thrasher 20-Aug-18
sheephunter2 20-Aug-18
16-Aug-18
Been awhile since I've posted on here. But my buddy drew THE tag in Vail. Not many sheep killed, as its been closed recently. Wondering if anyone has knowledge of how good of rams are possibly in there? Only 40 sheep total, but might be a few good ones. As this at one time was a fantastic tag. I will be helping and have reasonable sheep experience. Thanks in advance.

17-Aug-18
Good genetics are the rule in there. How much time and effort is he willing to give it? rifle or bow? Best rams I have seen in there are not in the traditional kill circle. I think you could get a 36-40, given the history and the 10 year closure, but you aren't going to do it on a weekend hunt.

18-Aug-18
Make sure you check out the RMBS forum. There at least 1 good older post on there with some S2 locations. There's a local sheep nut from Vail named Terry. Be sure to get a hold of him. Good luck! Sandbrew

20-Aug-18
Will be doing 3-5 day excursions. Its how I elk hunt. Yes, Im pretty sure he will rifle hunt, sorry if it offends anyone here. I will just be helping a life long buddy, it is his first sheep hunt, but I have been lucky enough to get good ram in 32, and been on a few other hunts. Any other help is appreciated. thanks again. I'll pm you squirrel.

20-Aug-18
Just sent you a pm thrasher.

• Sitka Gear