Deep_Blue 17-Aug-18
Shawn 17-Aug-18
archer756 18-Aug-18
Shawlerbrook 19-Aug-18
Hammer 20-Aug-18
T Mac 22-Aug-18
hammer 22-Aug-18
17-Aug-18
I am going to be in upstate NY for a while.

I wanted to try archery/bow hunting.

I am at my wife's families house (farm, surrounded by farms)

Where I am from I hunt fish underwater like every week (depending on weather)

I just tried bow fishing in Louisana which was really fun, but I sucked at it having never done it.

The land where I am at is filled with woodchucks, apparently, they are unregulated.

I wanted to hunt them with a bow, for something to do and to see if further hunting is something I would want to pursue.

There are numerous deer hunting bows on craigslist here, 50-70# draw, compound etc

Which seems like huge overkill for targeting and varmints. Apparently, from what I read there are arrows with bigger feathers that are used for small game.

Would that be best option? There are cheap recurve bows online Which seemed like a way not be breaking arrows constantly.

17-Aug-18
PM sent, I have a great Mathews for you. I will sell it cheap to someone looking to get into hunting. Shawn

18-Aug-18
Deep Blue, first thing is to stay away from buying a bow off the internet if your are new to the sport, As a Bow Hunter Education Instructor first thing would be to find a pro shop that can help you find what size bow fits you. As far as bow draw weight and draw length. Arrow size and type would also be part of finding out what you need. Just don't jump into buying a bow that you think is right for you, but take the time as mention and you will find archery a great sport, ENJOY and most if all be SAFE !!

19-Aug-18
Agreed, if you are new to the sport find a reputable dealer for personalized service and advice.

20-Aug-18

Hammer's embedded Photo
My " Long Island Grizzly "
Hammer's embedded Photo
My " Long Island Grizzly "
Go to your local bow shop and have them size up with the bow that's right for you . My PSE Stinger loves shooting ground hogs ! Lots of fun and can be real challenging. Good luck

22-Aug-18
Nice shootin Mike!

22-Aug-18
Thanks Tom . Crazy when they try and get back down the hole !!!

• Sitka Gear