One Arrow 19-Aug-18
Matt Palmquist 19-Aug-18
Westksbowhunter 20-Aug-18
Matt Palmquist 20-Aug-18
TwoDogs@work 21-Aug-18
Ferrell Hogge 21-Aug-18
keepemsharp 21-Aug-18
19-Aug-18
Hello I am new here. If this has been asked I apologize. I don't recall a antlerless early firearms season before. Do we have to wear orange those three days?

19-Aug-18
It’s not new, I think this will be it’s 3rd year. I don’t hunt that early in the season, so I haven’t paid that close of attention. I THOUGHT you could not shoot a buck while bowhunting those days, but I might be way off on that.

19-Aug-18
FYI...KDWPT proposed at the last commission meeting a change in regulations to allow Youth hunters and Muzzle Loader hunters to hunt for bucks this weekend as well running concurrently with the antlerless firearm hunters. I feel this could be a law enforcement nightmare. This is just discussion at the moment but if you are opposed to this change I recommend going to upcoming commission meetings.

Matt

19-Aug-18
Ridiculous, muzzleloaders and youth already have the most effective time of the fall to hunt bucks. We’ve taken our girls the last couple of years and we know from experience, there is no easier mature buck target than a buck still in his summer pattern.

19-Aug-18
Matt, KDWPT proposed this as in a biologist or the commission?

I will not be surprised if it passes the way things go. Not a whiner, but might be the straw for me.

19-Aug-18
It was from the biologist in his report. I visited with him afterwards and Expressed my concern but wanted to give it more thought. There has been a push by some from what I have heard, so take it for what it is worth, that folks hunting during the youth and ML want some dates when the temps are cooler, etc. Levi felt this would have the least impact on bowhunters because the number of orange clad days will remain the same.

I'm afraid with major push back they may find other dates for the youth and ML to hunt in October.

As I mentioned, this was just proposed for discussion. There will be more formal discussion at next meeting I think and then potentially a vote by commission at meeting after that. Don't quote me on that though.

Matt

20-Aug-18
So if you have an any season tag just go buy muzzle loader. Then crossbows will be included. One step closer to an open season any weapon choice.

20-Aug-18
Crossbows are included in archery so can use from Sept whatever to Dec 31 already.

21-Aug-18
I am not sure how long the early antlerless season has been around but it is longer than three years. You must wear orange anytime there is a firearms season in progress. this includes the Muzzleloader season.

21-Aug-18
Closer to eight years.

21-Aug-18
The consensus is that it is not used much or very little. However my feeble attempts to get rid of it falls on deaf ears. It was supposed to be a two year trial.

• Sitka Gear