Mmontaño 19-Aug-18
butcherboy 19-Aug-18
ohiohunter 19-Aug-18
splitlimb13 20-Aug-18
Mmontaño 20-Aug-18
ohiohunter 20-Aug-18
TCTORO 20-Aug-18
19-Aug-18
Greetings fellow NM bowhunters. I’ve got a tag for the first season in the VV and I’ll be going solo. Wanted to ask if anyone knows of someone who offers packout services there at a reasonable price. Thank you. (I’ve never used a packout service so to be honest I don’t even know what reasonable is) Any help would be greatly appreciated

19-Aug-18
Greetings fellow NM bowhunters. I’ve got a tag for the first season in the VV and I’ll be going solo. Wanted to ask if anyone knows of someone who offers packout services there at a reasonable price. Thank you. (I’ve never used a packout service so to be honest I don’t even know what reasonable is) Any help would be greatly appreciated

19-Aug-18
Just to pay k an elk out?

19-Aug-18
Sorry, yes it would be to pack out an elk.

19-Aug-18
Don’t really need it. There are a ton of old logging roads in the VV that allow quick and easy access if you have a decent game cart. Packed mine and my Dad’s out using a game cart no problem in the high country. Some of it may depend on where you are hunting in the high country. Low part, no problem

19-Aug-18
There were posters on the forest boards for pack out services. Chances are they will be camped in Cimarron. No idea on price. I think the guys name is Gill

20-Aug-18
Idk if you posted on mm too but Paul Gonzales

20-Aug-18
Thanks for the feedback. I do use a game cart, so between that and my pack I’m good for 1or 1.5 miles but I tend to wander somewhat further which is why I’d like to have the option of a packer. (My 57 yr old body ain’t what it used to be) This is the only site I posted on and I’m headed up there again this week so while I’m there maybe I can ask about P Gonzales.

20-Aug-18
Paul Gonzales is a hell of a guy. Met him up there, don’t know if he is there every year or not. I thought he guided the Pecos mostly.

20-Aug-18
I replied on MM also but to reiterate, there are usually several local guys that ride the VV all summer n fall and the provide pack out services. Most do stay in the Cimarron CG, Gil Jon is one that is mentioned above and Eligio Vigil is another. Camp host, cookie, is pretty good at directing you towards folks there that provide services. Good luck

• Sitka Gear