Ucsdryder 21-Aug-18
jordanathome 21-Aug-18
Longcruise 21-Aug-18
Ucsdryder 21-Aug-18
Longcruise 21-Aug-18
Kurt 22-Aug-18
Longcruise 22-Aug-18
19-Aug-18
Does anyone know if Jones pass has been cleared of snow yet?

19-Aug-18
Was up there last Thursday. Didn't go over, but it was clear to the top. Some Forest Service guys came up from the other side, so it must be completely clear.

19-Aug-18
Thanks, ziek.

20-Aug-18
Nothing back there to see!

20-Aug-18
Was closed do to the fire ?

20-Aug-18
I think it's outside the Sugarloaf closure. Main interest is fishing.

20-Aug-18
They should put a gate at the top and leave it closed all year.

20-Aug-18
Why should they do that?

20-Aug-18
Because it would make for a great hike in area. Versus guys driving all the way down the road along with every guy on a motorcycle and 4x4 that run all the elk out. I hiked up and over one summer and found elk everywhere. Then they blow out the glacier and the elk disappear. But hey, let’s make it easy and run all the elk out. That makes much more sense. I shouldn’t be complaining, lazy hunters make it much easier for me to kill elk. So you’re right, open up the roads and keep on them.

20-Aug-18
I'm right about what?!

Pretty hard to be right or wrong about anything without expressing an opinion.

You could, I suppose be right or wrong because you did express an opinion but I don't really care about your opinion so it doesn't matter to me.

OTOH, I have formed an opinion of you that can be summed up in one word, "Jerk".

20-Aug-18
The rut is on..........LOL

20-Aug-18
"The rut is on..........LOL"

Now that there is funny. :-)

But, I'm kinda like that old slow 6X6 that once, long ago, had a a year as a 7X7. I'm

20-Aug-18
I saw some great elk up there this past weekend. Wow, dump draw tag # tag 28

20-Aug-18
Cazador, I’ll shoot you a PM.

Cruiser...sorry I hurt your little feelers. You asked me a question and I answered it.

21-Aug-18
You didn't hurt my feelings. You would be incapable of it.

The whole point was I asked EVERYONE a question and it had nothing to do with opinions about access. If you have real concerns You should address them to Denver Water address and NFS.

21-Aug-18
Reread your comments. “Why should they do that?” Seems like a question.

21-Aug-18
cue bugle and raking........

21-Aug-18
Yes, but it sought out and reasoned thoughts but apparently I mistook you for someone capable of such. You won't get anywhere with your gripes because they are irrelevant to the majority of the people who use the area.

21-Aug-18
Like I said, I’m glad most elk hunters are lazy road hunters. Makes for a lot more elk. If that pass was closed those canyons would be full of elk during hunting season like they are during the summer when you have to actually work to get to them.

I saw a bull in there a month before the season a few years back that was as big as any bull I’ve seen in Estes. 350? 370? He was that big... He was right out there hanging with 30 cows above tree line. This was in mid August a couple weeks before season. As soon as that plow broke the glacier there was a steady stream of motorcycles, atvs, Jeeps, trucks heading down there. It was a different world come opening morning. No elk anywhere, just tracks that were 2 weeks old. I talked to the water district guy that stays in there all summer. He told me he’d see bulls walking down the road all summer until the road opened and then poof.

Not sure why any hunter would want more roads? Close them all as far as I’m concerned. Anyway, I’m done arguing. Have a great hunt.

21-Aug-18
Have a great hunt?

My inquiry was about fishing. I have hunted 28 a lot but never by that access. Ya just gotta reconcile with reality. Anything that can be accessed by any kind of vehicle prior to or during bow season is just a starting point.

They don't turn into gas or smoke when they go "poof". They are still somewhere. It's a matter of figuring out where.

The guy you talked to isn't there all summer. You surely talked to the guy with long hair and a foreign accent. He goes in when the snowbank is cleared and stays until being snowed in is imminent.

Everything at the bottom is still closed to traffic so it's just the new starting point.

Anyway, the fish don't notice.

22-Aug-18
Denver Water operates a diversion tunnel as well as an inceptor system to bring west slope water to Clear Creek. They have access thru the tunnel when not diverting H2O. They have personnel back on the west slope long before the snow bank is cleared on Jones Pass in late July to mid-Aug. To add, their system is way more complicated than that, as the water from the Williams Fork Basin that goes into Clear Creek is again picked up and put into a tunnel to divert it back to the west slope up by Winter Park, where it again is picked up and put into the Roberts Tunnel for delivery to Denver!

22-Aug-18
I didn't know that. Just going on what the caretaker told me about his job and activities.

Thanks for that info.

• Sitka Gear