Best bow hunting week for Fayette Co. In
Indiana
Contributors to this thread:
DMTJAGER 19-Aug-18
sticksender 21-Aug-18
sticksender 21-Aug-18
DMTJAGER 21-Aug-18
19-Aug-18
This year I will be hunting farther south than ever before in my home state of Indiana and was wondering which week will be the best for mature bucks maximum daylight movement? In the past I have always hunted 200-230 mile farther to the north and accordingly concentrated my efforts from November 7th till the 14th as the best 7 days to be in a tree stand, but being 230 miles farther to the south I'm concerned I will almost certainly encounter warmer temps, warm enough to significantly reduce daylight buck movement. I would appreciate those who hunt on the same parallel in Indiana share with me their experiences of when they saw the most mature buck movement. Thank you, Art.

21-Aug-18

21-Aug-18
If I could only hunt one week of archery and was planning for all-day sits, I'd probably go the week of Nov 11th this year. That's the week I usually see the most frenetic chasing activity.

But if only hunting mornings/evenings, I might go one week earlier. That's the time I see the most "cruising" action, usually early and late.

But warm is warm, no matter the calendar date....nothing you can do about it, just keep hunting!

21-Aug-18
Thank you for your reply sticksender. The single biggest drawback to my job is lack of time off. If I break up a week of vacation into individual days only get 5, but if I take a week of vacation I get 7 so it makes more sense to take an entire week VS 3 V-days. as I loose two off days if I use a week for V-days. I know the area has high deer #s and I'm going to set up my remaining 4 stands in a week or so, I will also be putting out 6 trail cams. One good thing about the areas I'm hunting is I can access the trail cams very cleanly in regards of leaving scent. I'm going to go back just to retrieve the cards 5 weeks before first bow hunt as my next off days I feel will be to close to hunting time. I can still change my days if what I see on the cards convinces me to hunt sooner.

• Sitka Gear