Mathews Inc.
Good Earth hunt locations
South Dakota
Contributors to this thread:
DDay 20-Aug-18
Brotsky 21-Aug-18
DDay 25-Aug-18
20-Aug-18
I received one of the Good Earth access permits. Does anyone that has hunted there in the past have any info they would be willing to share on where to set up? Thank you.

21-Aug-18
I've had the tag, fun hunt. They've added a lot more trails and access since I had the tag though including the new visitor's center. My advice is get ready for people walking under your stand and dealing with lots of hikers, dog walkers, etc. That doesn't mean there are not deer there to be had, because there are plenty. Just look a the trail map and find the areas with less activity, those will be your bedding areas. Then see what kind of crops are planted around the park to determine where they will be feeding. You can use maps to determine travel routes in between keeping in mind they will avoid the areas of heaviest activity. I saw an average of 10-15 deer per sit, some days many more using this plan. Try to get to know the other guys hunting as well so you can coordinate a little to not be stepping on each other's toes. You would think 5 guys in that park would give you plenty of room but that was not the case for me with guys hanging stands right next to mine, etc. Have realistic expectations as well. I saw a few really nice bucks but nothing extraordinary. There are guys hunting all over the place on the borders of the park so the deer know what it's like to be hunted as plenty of bowhunters are hanging stands overlooking the boundary as you will see. Good luck and have fun.

25-Aug-18
Sir, thank you for your advice. Would you suggest the North or South end of the park?

• Sitka Gear