Moons22 21-Aug-18
Belchertown Bowman 21-Aug-18
bigwoodsbucks22 21-Aug-18
Sosso 21-Aug-18
Will 21-Aug-18
20-Aug-18

Will's embedded Photo
Will's embedded Photo
Saw a swamp with maples turning crimson today... awesome!

Add in a bunch of these in BBs backyard and well, fall is coming and its awesome!

20-Aug-18
Nice trout, do you eat them or let em go?

20-Aug-18
Must have caught 20 Spike, in the fly/catch and release section of the swift in you and BBs neck of the woods.

Actually got cold... ahhhh

20-Aug-18

20-Aug-18
That’s a great day Will and nice spot I’ve fished upstream from there a bunch of times.

21-Aug-18
Love the swift river so much. I miss being able to fish that place. I would kill it there with a little Acme phoebe gold spinner on overcast days or this lure that I couldn't name for the life of me but I acquired it from my girlfriends uncle. Have had it for years, looks like a caterpillar type fly all silver/grey, small single hook with a small helicopter type spinner on the front. Those big bows and browns would crush it. Also I swear I caught a small salmon on it once. Good stuff, Will!

21-Aug-18
Beauty!

21-Aug-18
There are land locked Salmon in the main Quabin for sure. I ate one that was given to me by a generous fisherman that I met there. So it is quite possible for one to end up in the Swift. Anyone who visits the Swift River should also stop over at the Herman Covey WMA. It is right across from the hatchery. Hike in (short Hike) atop the grassy hill and look around,.. it will take your breath away... The old building on the hill is the old hunting shack. That land used to be a hunters camp. Was purchased by the state as part of the building of the Quabin way back in the day.

21-Aug-18
nice fish!

21-Aug-18
I was wondering where all the trout went! That is a tastey fish! Not to highjack the thread, but the subject is fall, what are acorns looking like for everyone else? I've been scouting through Mendon, Hopkinton, Bellingham, Marlborough, Berlin, and Carlisle (big hopes for that place) and I am seeing very few acorns in the trees.

21-Aug-18
Guys, this was the upper swift, immediately below Windsor dam, it's the fly only catch and release section above route 9... I actually got cold between the water (upper 50's) and air, about 70 by the time I left. AHHHH. The fish were going nuts for a sulfur emerger stripped steadily back in 2-3" strips or jiggled on the dangle (swung in the current, then using the rod tip to do little jigging motions at the end of the swing), #22.

Felt sooooo good to have fall like weather.

Sosso... Depends. A few areas I like I'm seeing a good number... Some areas, not a lot. The main thing I'm seeing compared to the past few years is more spottiness.

For example, 2-3 trees dropping great, but nothing else in the area. Still a little early based on my past experience in many of the areas I frequent, any day now it will perk up. But the key point, is that it seems spottier than the past few years.

But one area had a good number of white oak acorns starting to come down... That's has my optimism high based on past history there.

• Sitka Gear