camoguy 22-Aug-18
woodstick 23-Aug-18
M.P. 18-Sep-18
Babysaph 18-Sep-18
wv_bowhunter 19-Sep-18
woodstick 19-Sep-18
wvbowhunter72 04-Oct-18
21-Aug-18
Applications for controlled Deer hunts on WV State Parks is now available on WV DNR ELS site. Please share info with your hunting friends.

21-Aug-18
I saw that. My only question is if the harvest of these special hunts count towards your yearly bag limit. For example, if I go on a state park and kill a deer with my bow and it counts as my regular bow kill then I have no intention of paying an additional $15 just so I can do it on a state park. There is no mention of this on the info page.

21-Aug-18
Well that was easy enough. I called the DNR and they confirmed that state park kills are bonus harvest and do not count towards your harvest limit that you get when you purchase a hunting license.

21-Aug-18
Yes, that is right. Park hunts do not count toward annual limit

22-Aug-18
What about the park in Logan? LOL. still can't believe that.

22-Aug-18
I agree JR - I cannot believe it as well.

22-Aug-18
What about the park in Logan?

23-Aug-18
The governor cancelled it because a group thought those deer should be kept for hand feeding and petting.

18-Sep-18

M.P.'s embedded Photo
M.P.'s embedded Photo
Has anyone been notified if they were chosen for the state park lottery hunts ? Notification is suppose to be between the 14th and 21

18-Sep-18
Yea I got mine for the Logan County Park :)

19-Sep-18
I had applied for a Lincoln County doe permit and I see in my account online that I was selected but I have yet to receive any kind of notification via email or regular mail.

That draw was a week or two before the state park one. Seeing an email about applying for it was what made me think to check on my doe permit.

19-Sep-18
I heard they phoned the people who drew. Supposedly they had to confirm by last Saturday whether they would attend.

04-Oct-18
I saw where a few of you were looking for info on the state park lottery hunts. If you log I to the WV WILD webpage, look under the 'Notifications' tab, it displays : STATE PARK LOTTERY HUNT RESULTS

To check your status for the State Park Lottery Hunts, click on the "State Park Lottery Hunts" link on the main menu, then click the button at the bottom of the screen labeled "Click Here to Enter Lottery Hunts". Your status for each hunt will be listed.

Hope this helps.. Shoot straight, Stay safe and Happy hunting.

• Sitka Gear