Bloodtrail 05-Sep-18
bigcountry 09-Sep-18
GF 10-Sep-18
Loner 25-Sep-18
King Cobra 25-Sep-18
Wild Bill 25-Sep-18
Passthrough 25-Sep-18
22-Aug-18
I use Wasp boss 3 blade, and have had good luck with them for many years, made in Connecticut, replacement blades available. They do the job great if I do my part correctly. Sharp and strong, mostly all pass throughs.

22-Aug-18
Zwicky Eskimo two-blade 125gn. I sharpen them using a Lansky sharpener. I had been using the three-blade Wensel Woodsman, with nine inches of cutting edge, but I seen to get better penetration with a two-blade.

22-Aug-18
Sharp pointy ones. I have several different types from expandable to fixed. This year I'm going with fixed blade by Carbon Express.

22-Aug-18
Like Wild Bill, I have Zwicky Eskimo two-blade 125gn on my wood arrows, both recurve and longbow.

22-Aug-18
When it comes to heads that have been on the market for 10 years or more, they’re probably all good.

But JMO the ones with no moving parts are a better bet.

Beyond that, none of them are worth a damn if you can’t keep ‘em sharp. I just need to work up a load now, and I’m leaning towards Ace Standards; the 165 looks like a sure winner, so long as I can find the right shaft for it. It’s got the same (fairly generous) dimensions as the 125, 135 and 145 versions, but with a beefier main blade.

I’ve toyed with the idea of the Super Express as well... but I’m a bit concerned about the penetration of a blade 1 7/16” wide, given that I’m drawing low #50s...

22-Aug-18
Been using Ramcats for the past few years. They punch a good size hole and they fly straight. You need to keep checking the set screws that hold the blade in, had two blades wiggle out of the ferrule last year. Only other downside is that they are so wide the blade tips stick out of the edge of my quiver. Almost cut myself a few times. I'm thinking about maybe trying something different this year. If I get a deer early in the season with the Cats, I might try a different blade for the rest of the year. I also have some 20 yr old Bear razorhead lites. I have one arrow with them on in case a yote comes by.

22-Aug-18
Grim Reaper 3 blade expandables. I also use Hypodermic 2 blade by Rage. Both have performed well.

22-Aug-18
WASP, Magnus, Zwickey, SlickTrick

23-Aug-18
125 gr. Grim reaper razor tips extra cut. 1 3/4” I’ve had amazing results with them.

23-Aug-18
Sharp

23-Aug-18
Always have used slick tricks and they've done the trick every time

23-Aug-18
I've used slick tricks and rage's for years now. VERY happy with both. Great experiences all around.

I've been curious about other heads the last few years. Just wander lust, no negatives on what I have used and will happily use them in the future. But I'm starting the year with GrimmReaper whitetail specials. I shoot a ton of KE so I'm curious how these will go as I've seen a lot of good reports over the years.

23-Aug-18
Used to shoot Slick Tricks and like Will just wanted to try something different so I ordered Tooth of the Arrow XLs and Exodus to try out. Although the Slick Trick WickedTrick looks good too!

23-Aug-18
Very happy with Slick Tricks Mag, last year I used QAD Exodus.

23-Aug-18
I’ve shot many broadheads through the years. I’ve had excellent results with both mechanical and fixed blade. Right now in my quiver I have 2 Spitfire and 2 Shwackers. Like them both!

28-Aug-18
Like Rawdog77, I have chosen to use the Muzzy Trocar fixed (3)blade. Chose them specifically from the reviews I read on their ability to fly similar to the field points. I'm shooting an 390 fps xbow with 20" Victory xbolts weighing in at 425 grs including the heads. Field points on same bolts are on at 20 and 30 yds. The broadheads are low left about 2" and 4" respectively at those yardages. Has anyone experienced similar flights? What's the best way to adjust.

28-Aug-18
Interesting Hunter. I have absolutely no idea how you "tune" a crossbow. That said, with a lighter arrow, traveling about 320 out of my compound, I have 91ft/lb's of KE. You are 70fps faster and a bit heavier... This may be scoffed at, but I think I'd just shoot a mech of some sort - spitfires, rage, wasp, etc. You have PLENTY of KE to shoot those style of heads and it should shoot on mark for you.

Admittedly, if you were shooting a vert bow, I'd suggest the easton tuning guide to dial in your bow's tune so the field points and broad heads hit the same, so I feel like I'm cheating by saying "just shoot mechs"... But with that much energy, they will work very well.

29-Aug-18
" What's the best way to adjust."

Move the sights to the optimum location and estimate Kentucky windage? Balance the bolt for level flight, perhaps extreme FOC will give you that.

FOC = Forward of center. Measure the overall length of the bolt and find the mid point. Now locate the point at which the bolt will balance on a narrow edge. Divide the distance between mid point and balance point by the overall length. The answer is a percent of weight forward of center. 10% to 15% is best and anything more than 15% is considered extreme, preferred by some archers.

30-Aug-18
rage 2 inch cut hypodermic

30-Aug-18
Sl magnum 125 zwikey eskalite 165

30-Aug-18
Slick Tricks

30-Aug-18
Slick Trick. Strongest steel head on the market. Aluminum is for foil and beer cans.

31-Aug-18
My Cousin was diagnosed of Brain cancer April 2018 and ever since then we have done chemotherapy 3 times but the cancer keep returning. After One month i heard about cannabis oil and its healing effect and i sourced the cannabis oil from Italy at [email protected] and my Cousin began treatment immediately with the cannabis oil, after using the cannabis oil for treatment at the stipulated time prescribe by Rick Simpson, there was total cure and as i write now my Cousin can walk around the house by himself without support from anybody and go out anytime he chooses, My cousin is cancer free.

Best Regards, Vanessa Saucer

31-Aug-18
Wild bill, thanks for the info about FOC. I did a rough calculation on my bolt and it is approx. 17%. This means that the bolt will drop sooner in its flight, correct? If that's the case, I sounds as though I should either readjust the scope entirely or try using my 30 yd pin on the 20 yd target.

31-Aug-18
i like shwacker, it opens after the hide and ribs, fresh blades for the lungs, heart and exit hole. Ensures pass through shots even with low speed bows.

05-Sep-18
Grave diggers

05-Sep-18

09-Sep-18
Rage Hypodermic's here...Love em...

10-Sep-18
Amazing to me to think that a mechanical could hold up to the impact forces of a potent crossbow...

I’d be plumb skeered!

25-Sep-18
With a crossbow : NAP spitfire ,1.5" blades, awesome blood trails, fly well, sticking with a grocery getter

25-Sep-18
Nap....XXL Spitfire ....Field point accuracy....even at 350 + Fps

25-Sep-18
Hunter3,

Trying the 30yd pin at 20 should be easy enough to do, and may just do the trick.

If you can, take notice of the flight. The ideal is to have all the mass directly behind the point , therefore, level flight is ideal. Is the bolt straight in the target, or tail high?

Have you tried broadheads yet?

25-Sep-18

Passthrough's embedded Photo
Passthrough's embedded Photo

• Sitka Gear