TT-Pi 24-Aug-18
bjstcrusn 13-Sep-18
EBow10 13-Sep-18
bjstcrusn 13-Sep-18
EBow10 29-Sep-18
8point 29-Sep-18
Moons22 29-Sep-18
22-Aug-18
Hi guys! I’m new to this site but an avid bow hunter in zone 10. I had a quick question, I shot a nice 8 pointer in 2016 and brought it to classic taxidermy in Middleton. I have tried calling the owner numerous times, and the number is out of service! So I decided to go to his house and see if everything was ok, when I arrived there was a car there but no one home....so I left a letter for a call back, never heard back, has anyone ran into this? I’m at a loss and I paid half the $,

22-Aug-18
What's his name?

22-Aug-18

huntskifishcook's Link
Did a quick google search and there was another guy on here in 2012 with the same gripes you're having with the business. The link to that thread is attached. He's also got a bunch of negative google reviews, but you may have already seen or even made one of those. Maybe you could link up with a few of the people who have also been screwed by this guy and pursue some legal action. Hope you can get this mess figured out.

22-Aug-18

mrw's Link
Dude, I did a quick search and it dont look good.

https://forums.bowsite.com/tf/regional/thread.cfm?threadid=215266&MESSAGES=9&state=Ma

22-Aug-18
Haha, mrw same time.

23-Aug-18
BBD, Sorry to tell you this but that taxidermist is a complete disaster. I know of at least 6 guys with horrible expierences and major issues. He messed up one of my euro mounts and it took me a year and half to get back the rack. My dad and I must have visited that guy ten times until my dad caught him home.

I highly recommend you do the same and when he shows up demand your head and cape on the spot and run to another taxidermist! I would take the loss and consider myself lucky to get my deer head back.

23-Aug-18
Thanks ! I’m going to swing by by his house until I find him there, this guy is a complete scum bag!

23-Aug-18
Good luck BBD. Keep us posted. We had a guy do that around here recently.

23-Aug-18
BBD you may want to put out a trail camera to get his timeline...

Seriously , Document your experience and make it clear with the Taxidermist ( exactly what you want in a written letter even if you catch him at his workplace hand a copy to him, also send a copy by mail and photo it ) Spell out the reason that he has broken the trust, terms, and understanding of your having employed him and the action that you insist on at present.

If He is anything short of cooperative ... Be prepared to file a complaint with "Better Business Bureau". That's the BBB, BBD.

Small claims court is another option.

Good luck and please post your results. Pi

23-Aug-18
BBD I brought him my first buck that I ever shot last year for a euro mount same thing can’t get a hold of him paid half the money went to the house no answer.

23-Aug-18
I stoped by the house today, still no one available, What’s weird is he has a shed alongside his driveway with a bunch of deer heads in it... very shady, definitely thinking about calling the game wardens , I’m also going to try swinging by at night

23-Aug-18
Damn hoping for the best

23-Aug-18
Look the guy up on the mass.gov inmate search. Maybe he's already doing time and that's why he's never home.

23-Aug-18
Karma will get him,... he will reap what he sows,..

23-Aug-18
I bet the game warden would be your best and quickest help. Just do it before hunting season starts and they are super busy. Good luck

24-Aug-18
You guys are to nice, it's 0400 right now and I'd be knocking on his door. I work to hard for my money to let a bad person like this to screw me out of it. Agree with the Karma will get him.

24-Aug-18
Maybe Karma is already in action... Who is exempt if this is real or true ?

Bad things happen to decent people, out of proportion to their deeds and earthly treasures are often found in the pockets of the wicked.

24-Aug-18
Matthew 13:24-43 The Parable of the Weeds ( what you sow is not always what you reap )

“The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away. When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared. “The owner’s servants came to him and said, ‘Sir, didn’t you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?’ “‘An enemy did this,’ he replied.

“The servants asked him, ‘Do you want us to go and pull them up?’ “‘No,’ he answered, ‘because while you are pulling the weeds, you may uproot the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First, collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.’”

13-Sep-18
Hey bbd unfortunately me and my brother are 2 of the guys that got boned from tbis clown. He messed up a doe mount and we gave him a second chance on my brothers buck. Needless to say we were suckers to give him another chance. He ruined the cape on my brothers buck but insisted on charging him half price and he was gonna use a doe cape. This was in 2013 my brother still to this day never got his deer back. What I did at one point when he wasn't returning phone calls I googled his address and called his house phone let's just say he was not happy with me and hung up on me. My brother is a mello guy and can't be bothered chasing him. If it were me I'd go to his house. He now does deer processing and he bumped into a guy I know two years ago and was trying to say that the guy that does everybody's deer in Middleton fred is no longer processing deer because of a heart condition which is absolutely false. He is a scum bag

13-Sep-18
Went to his house today. Knocked on his door no answer. Saw the side sliding door/windows open started yelling up through it hello hello hello. Finally had his 20 something year old son and wife come out. Told me he wasn’t home and would be home after 6:30. Tried giving me the run around clearly acting very sketchy about everything. Left my name and number no call back tonight. I will definitely be going back to speak with him when I can catch him.

13-Sep-18
Mrw his name is rick page Aka scumbag. Looks like his website is down.

29-Sep-18
BBD any luck? I got a hold of him and have his new cell number he called me. Crazy how the world works and how this played out. People do shady things and think they can get away with it, but it’s a smaller world than people think. Anyways if you need any help let me know. Shoot me a PM.

29-Sep-18
This guy is an absolute scumbag the same thing happened to me with a buck I shot in 2013, 2 years went by every time I called him there was a different excuse finally I had to drive to his house to get to the bottom of it. He complety destroyed my mount never got it back the antlers and my money back was what I got. I was not happy at all

29-Sep-18
Wow this is crazy

• Sitka Gear