Contributors to this thread:
Mnhunter1980 23-Aug-18
rodb 24-Aug-18
x-man 27-Aug-18
South Farm 28-Aug-18
South Farm 29-Aug-18
grubby 30-Aug-18
23-Aug-18
Is there anyone out there that has done a drive in moose hunt in Ontario? I’m looking for general information good or bad. I’m a meat hunter so a cow tag would make me happy. I applied in the mn moose lottery for 12 years before that ended. I’m really after the experience and meat if I’m lucky. I have never used an outfitter or guide before in the lower 48 and have a hard time trusting them over the phone. Any experience with outfitters in Ontario?

Thanks joe

24-Aug-18
Your biggest problem will be finding a camp/outfitter with moose tags. A search for Ontario moose hunt will provide you with some leads.

Go to the moose forum and look at some topics from Ontario.

27-Aug-18
Have you tried any of the fishing resorts? Those guys depend on good experiences for return business. Many of them are run by MN owners or have MN ties. I have fished Eagle Lake, Lac suel and the English River. I saw plenty of moose each place. I would think that reputable resort owners on these large bodies of water would know the best guides for you to call.

28-Aug-18
PM Sent

29-Aug-18
Lukinto Lake Lodge, Longlac Ontario. You're welcome!

30-Aug-18
I haven't hunted with the mansfields at winoga lodge but they have been pretty successful over the years.

• Sitka Gear