cherney12 21-Sep-18
Slate 21-Sep-18
Ksgobbler 21-Sep-18
wtbowhtr 24-Sep-18
Slate 24-Sep-18
25-Aug-18

Matte's embedded Photo
Matte's embedded Photo
Any Kansas archers out west for opening weekend. Not headed out till later but it's nice seeing pictures.

28-Aug-18
This KS archer will be headed out with a high power in October

31-Aug-18

KB's embedded Photo
KB's embedded Photo
KB's embedded Photo
KB's embedded Photo
KB's embedded Photo
KB's embedded Photo
KB's embedded Photo
KB's embedded Photo
I can start on the 15th in Wyoming. Hoping to have a successful update before Jason pulls out the high power. Spent three days in there this week looking it over.

31-Aug-18
I'm in Ft Collins, brother and I are headed up N of Steamboat this afternoon. Not sure I'll buy a tag...mainly going to help get one out if he gets lucky and to enjoy the mountains.

I've got another buddy that sat a wallow up there the last two days and got a little film...

Young Bull

Young Bear

31-Aug-18
Have fun, I've heard it's been tough up there. I get to head out the 12th.

31-Aug-18

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
Bowhunting public land Elk in CO is always tough, but you know that

The views are worth it

03-Sep-18
Seems like the rut is always later than expected. Good luck!

03-Sep-18
Great shot. Good luck I've hunted that unit several times on the South West area as the north was to thick for me if they weren't talking.

03-Sep-18

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
My bro passed on this young 5x5 last night...he's picky too

03-Sep-18

03-Sep-18
Can't be picky in that unit. If he lives out there and have scouted alot different story. If your just there to do a diy take what the mountains give ya. His hunt his tag I sure hope he fills it with a monster or a good eatn cow.

03-Sep-18
We can be picky anywhere Matte ;)

Got a buddy that routinely kills 300+ Bulls in that unit...granted he goes higher and deeper but we were 4.5mi in and up yesterday. We're headed to a different area this afternoon closer to Gould. Just enjoying the mountains and the time together...a big bull would be icing.

03-Sep-18
That is awesome. I have hunted Slater mostly which is lower. Have fun and enjoy the hunt. Keep posting cool pictures

03-Sep-18

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
How's this?

Just got back from Kauai last Tuesday...had a craving

03-Sep-18
You had a man craving of the most intense hunger that is for sure.

07-Sep-18
Here's the young one my brother passed on this week. I had three other buddies hunting that area, one took a small 5x5 on Tuesday(his first day ever hunting Elk) and another took a cow Wednesday evening.

Not much bugling while we were there, hope you have better conditions Matte!

07-Sep-18
Thats a great video Sit

07-Sep-18
Thx Fran

07-Sep-18
i think you missed your calling ,should have done standup

07-Sep-18
How funny is that sito got nothing. My buddy my buddy. Oh it’s beautiful up here. PLEASE. Go for a hike and stop acting like your some kind of real hunter. Show me a kill.

07-Sep-18
We didn’t kill anything just enjoying time together. You fag sito. It’s called Hunting. If you want to hold hands with your buddies and your brother go for a hike. Bunch of fags.

08-Sep-18
Looks like Slate's mom forgot to put parental block on his computer again. Slate it's ok every teen boy gets frustrated before their first yank. It'll be ok in a couple of years when you become a man.

08-Sep-18
Jason you sito’s fag spokesman or the one taking walks with him.

08-Sep-18
Man, this state forum was a lot better before all these guys from the Northeast infiltrated it.

08-Sep-18
I think the only one taking anything is you taking a big ole meat rocket up the ole poo hole. Slate's mom please take away his computer before he gets his ass whooped by a grown man. Tell your mom I left that 20 on the dresser for last night. But I still want my change .

09-Sep-18
Antlerhunter. Shoot me a PM if Slate ever mans up. Id love to see for myself just how tough he really it!

09-Sep-18
Y’all really have some pent up passion. The season can’t start soon enough. I think maybe I’ll take a break from this forum until the arrows start flying.

09-Sep-18
Really?

10-Sep-18
Back on topic..... missed a nice bull on my trip, did not miss an aspen tree. Very little bugling but a lot of bulls herded up with cows where I was at. Had a blast. Maybe next year will be the year.

10-Sep-18
Leave tomorrow, nursing a possible torn miniscus. Hopefully it will work out well but fretting the desends.

10-Sep-18
Matte get a brace for that knee if you don't have one already. It will help and may prevent more damage.

Have a great hunting trip!!!

Sito that is some great video and photo's!! Some kids just don't get it!!!

10-Sep-18
Good luck Matte enjoy it. Wrap that baby up.

12-Sep-18

Slate's embedded Photo
Slate's embedded Photo
Slate's embedded Photo
Slate's embedded Photo
Yup some kids don’t get it. Some kids don’t prepare. Another day training for my future hunts. Elk included but it’s guided so it can’t be as cool as a public land hunt.

12-Sep-18
Are you using Thortons chicken guide ?

12-Sep-18
My guide is also lazy. He doesn't train or flash gang signs in his morning walk selfies. Training only works if you're at the same altitude you'll be hunting. My friend had a coach that ran 3 miles a day go from hunter to camp cook in 1 day because he couldn't handle the altitude

12-Sep-18
Wyoming is not that bad I had no issues last time hunting elk. I’m more worried about chasing Brown bears in Kodiak. That sign is the hang loose sign. It’s a gesture of friendly intent. Believe it or not Thornton. I train harder for hunting then I do for fighting. Hunting being most important these days being im Getting older. Still hard as hell keeping up with the young blood guides.

13-Sep-18
the plot thickens.....

13-Sep-18
Look at that Mountain Red...that thing is huuuge!

That's right Tiny S...it's a really big mountain. Go lay yer head down on a miniature marshmallow and take a nap buttercup

13-Sep-18

Slate's embedded Photo
Slate's embedded Photo

14-Sep-18

jingalls's embedded Photo
Montana 2018
Montana 2018

14-Sep-18
That’s beautiful John congrats

14-Sep-18
The fronts! Nice work man.

15-Sep-18

KSMike's embedded Photo
KSMike's embedded Photo
Wyoming

15-Sep-18

KSMike's embedded Photo
KSMike's embedded Photo

15-Sep-18
Congrats Mike what a beauty

16-Sep-18
Congrats jingalis and KS Mike. Those are great bulls and exceptional bulls with a bow!

16-Sep-18
Thanks guys. Lots of guys scoring this year!!!

17-Sep-18
Did you see the bull that was taken in Jefferson County, KS with a muzzleloader. 370" and some change.

17-Sep-18

Thornton's embedded Photo
Thornton's embedded Photo
Somebody meatpoled ine with their car by Colby. Interestingly enough I photographed a roadkill bull near Colby back in 2016

18-Sep-18
I saw a pick of that Elk killed in in the Jeff Co and Leavenworth county area. It was super nice! I'll see if I can get that pic sent to me.

18-Sep-18

sitO's Link
Here's a link on the KS Elk, several pics.

19-Sep-18
Some awesome bulls. I shot one "that lived" last Thursday. Held a little tight to the shoulder and the arrow only went in four inches. Hunted him for the rest of the week but never got a second shot. 20 or so bulls throughout the week made my hunt.

19-Sep-18
Sorry to hear that Matte. At least you got out there and gave it hell.

21-Sep-18

Matte's embedded Photo
Matte's embedded Photo
Well after thinking my shot was great and having some time last night to look at different stances and photos of Elk I came to a conclusion. The Elk was a about 34 yards and I pinned him for thirty. Arrow looked straight on but that is where I messed up and hit a little low. I'm sure now I hit olecranon tuber bone or that joint. With deer you can aim low as that joint almost follows the leg line with Elk it angles back over the heart area. I hope maybe another archer reads this and has better success. Over time you forget to notice the small stuff like the dam tuber. In the picture you can see the bone on the last joint before the scapula. This is a down hill angle but on flat ground you would have almost the bottom 1/4 of the elks vitals covered by the joint.

21-Sep-18
Live and learn Matte that’s all part of it. Good info though.

21-Sep-18

KB's embedded Photo
KB's embedded Photo
KB's embedded Photo
KB's embedded Photo
KB's embedded Photo
KB's embedded Photo
KB's embedded Photo
Pretty special to have my uncle along holding down basecamp while I roamed the hills.
KB's embedded Photo
Pretty special to have my uncle along holding down basecamp while I roamed the hills.
First bull. Wyoming. 9/18.

21-Sep-18
What a memory great job

21-Sep-18
Awesome Kaleb. Looks like a great area to hang out with your Uncle!

21-Sep-18
As I said earlier Kaleb, that's a helluva deal! Congrats man, well earned and hope to see him at the Convention!

21-Sep-18
Yes sir.

21-Sep-18
Nice KB congrats

21-Sep-18
Nice elk folks. Another bull got taken in phillips county ks today.

24-Sep-18

wtbowhtr's embedded Photo
8x7. 9/20/2018. Colorado.

24-Sep-18
Wow Ron that is a hell of a bull. Congratulations.

• Sitka Gear