SC hunter 26-Aug-18
ScottyC 21-Sep-18
SC hunter 11-Oct-18
Racks & Ridges 14-Oct-18
Lucky 14-Oct-18
Dusktildawn 15-Oct-18
Racks & Ridges 15-Oct-18
26-Aug-18
My dad and I are headed out there for a hunt Oct 22-26. I was wondering if any of you had success rattling during that time frame.

21-Sep-18
Absolutely... pre rut is a great time to rattle

22-Sep-18
Yes, best time to rattle in my opinion...late October. Good luck, have fun and be safe

11-Oct-18
Thanks! We’re getting excited!

14-Oct-18
I tickled the black rack real lightly yesterday evening and had a 6 pointer come in 2 minutes later and start rubbing a tree 17yds away. Saw 4 scrapes as soon as I got into the main area and set up. No big boys just does and the 6 but not bad for the first sit of the year.

14-Oct-18
Sitting in a tree now and just watched 8 does walk by with a spike and a 6 point hit on the trail . The two bucks had their nose to the ground and never looked up or paid me any attention . Looks like the bucks are starting to chase . What has everyone been seeing ??? I'm hunting northern Illinois .

15-Oct-18

Dusktildawn's embedded Photo
Dusktildawn's embedded Photo
Hit a half picked bean field yesterday afternoon. Wind blowing from bedding area into beans and nothing showed up. Not sure why daylight movement has been slow here. First sit at this farm and many tracks in area I hunted. Mid Oct. can be difficult. Soon enough things will really amp.up. We need a meat pole if anyone has deer to show!!

15-Oct-18

Racks & Ridges's embedded Photo
Racks & Ridges's embedded Photo
Play that bean field around the full moon next time and when the moon is either rising or setting still under daylight hours. Of course a cold front and the right winds will help all of that as well. One more week and the daylight activity will increase hands down especially in southern Illinois where I'm at

• Sitka Gear