Bentstick81 23-Sep-18
Bentstick81 23-Sep-18
orionsbrother 23-Sep-18
Bentstick81 24-Sep-18
Franzen 27-Sep-18
26-Aug-18

Lynn Wilcox's Link
https://www.dnr.illinois.gov/adrules/Pages/Proposed.aspx

IDNR......Administrative Rules (Proposed)

creates a "Restricted Archery Zone" in several counties in which hunters may only take antlered-deer during the period of October 1-15.

"The Illinois Restricted Archery Zone shall consist of Champaign, Douglas, Macon, Moultrie and Piatt counties. During the period October 1 – October 15, only antlered deer may be harvested in the Restricted Archery Zone, regardless of permits in possession. An antlered deer is defined as a deer having at least one antler of a length of 3 or more inches. All restrictions listed in subsection (a) also apply in the Restricted Archery Zone."

*** EDITED UPDATE = This proposal did pass & is in effect for the 2018 archery season in those 5 counties ***

26-Aug-18
What good will this do? The same guys that would shoot does October 1 thru the 15th will now shoot them after the 15th.

26-Aug-18
I think the idea is that the does get 2 weeks of a free pass with hunters in the woods...gives them some education and makes them harder to kill later in the season.... plus a lot of guys I know won't shoot a doe later in the season for hopes a buck is following...I'm not sure it'll work out, but hopefully it helps the herds rebound a bit in those counties

27-Aug-18
Tell the whole truth Lynn, it’s not a Rule yet. Just made it through the First notice. Likely won’t be this year.

27-Aug-18
"Tell the whole truth Lynn" ??????

Jim.......tell me exactly, what I am not telling the truth about ????

I copy & pasted EVERY single word on that post, from the IDNR's website. Then I shared the link to the page ( like I usually try to do) so everyone can read it for their self, understand what is coming, gain knowledge about important IL deer hunting issues & also hopefully learn a little how our ad rule process works here in this state.....

Click on the link above, then click on the links on that page too.......read it ALL very carefully....... then you see it all, word for word !!!

In no way shape or form did I lie, exaggerate, bend the truth, or whatever the hell you are accusing me of trying to do !!!

ZREO...of my personal opinion or speculation, was in my first post ! Only facts I got from your IDNR website !!!

Your lack of knowledge & understand, about these types of subjects, are becoming more & more apparent to everyone, every post you make here .......

27-Aug-18
Not accusing you of anything. You post up links, people read them and comment like it’s already a rule change set in stone. With your knowledge of the rule making process, you know it can be derailed at any time. If you’re questioning my knowledge of rule making, sir, I’ve been involved in writing more rules and regulations than you have. Posts like yours should be posted as possible changes, because most people don’t understand the procedures.

27-Aug-18
Look at the first the first two sentences of my post......it clearly says PROPOSED.......twice in fact !!

????.......wow

From my knowledge of ad rule process, I know full well most all hunting related changes that I have seen in the last 2 decades pass. I remember 1, that we were able to stop (early during Miller's tenure, Miller pulled the change...)

I know of no one nor any organization that has voiced opposition to this change....

Jim, I went to one of the 2 IDNR meeting 2 months ago, about these changes...did you ?

They clearly told us there that night, that they were planning on running this through the ad rule process and hoped to have it in place this year, but that the ad rule process might not hold it up enough that they would not get it implemented till 2019 season ???

I also listened to Director Rosenthal say at the last Advisory Board meeting (July 30th), that the restricted archery zone was still moving forward.

28-Aug-18
Good post Lynn. And we wonder what's wrong with the DNR??? They side step everything to their favor. Normal.

28-Aug-18
As a matter of fact I did. Moving forward doesn’t mean passed. Personally I hope it passes. Keep tooting your horn and the masses will follow. Not side stepping, I have to get ready for Idaho.

18-Sep-18
Any updates to this? Getting pretty close to season and hadn’t heard.

Lee

19-Sep-18
Lee.....IL General Assembly, Joint Committee on ad rules meets this week, they should know a decision later this week.....

Hope all is going well with you Lee. Best of Luck this season !

21-Sep-18
Thanks Lynn!

You too,

Lee

21-Sep-18
It's official, change effective October 1, 2018. Tom https://www.dnr.illinois.gov/news/Pages/IDNR-Prohibiting-Archery-Harvest-of-Antlerless-Deer-Oct.-1-15-in-Five-East-Central-Illinois-Counties.aspx

21-Sep-18

Lynn Wilcox's Link
Thanks for the info Tom !

Glad to see it passed !

21-Sep-18
From: jstephens61........27-Aug-18 = " Tell the whole truth Lynn, it’s not a Rule yet. Just made it through the First notice. Likely won’t be this year."

Likely won't be this year hu............ 8^)

22-Sep-18
Well, I was wrong, big deal. Make you feel better buttercup?

22-Sep-18
It also might mean that even though you work for the state, you got no clue on what goes on there

22-Sep-18
Could be considering that I don’t work in conservation. IDNR is a big place with several Departments and Offices. Sorry I’m not like you and a few others, know everything about everything I’ve never seen or done.

22-Sep-18
1boonr. EXACTLY! They are all the same. Never any state workers fault. Just kick the can on down the road.

22-Sep-18
I’ll be the first to admit I don’t know everything but I do know that this states deer management is incompetent.

23-Sep-18
Jeff, I do know EXACTLY what’s going on in the field with my inspectors, that’s my job. My earlier comment was not that it wouldn’t happen. It was meant to point out that rule changes can be long and arduous (that means difficult). Some times things come together and changes happen quickly You guys keep solving the state’s problems and bad mouthing state employees. Would either of you like to share who your employer is? Hope y’all have a good safe season.

23-Sep-18
I am self employed. If i ran my business like you guys are running the DNR, lying to people, allowing something bad to continue, while all along knowing it's bad, i would be broke and closing shop. You guys don't care or mind, because it's not your deer nor your money, you are wasting, because you ball-less clowns won't stand up and fight for what's right. YOU go ahead and keep wasting our resources and we will continue to put the blame where it belongs. Start TRYING to make a difference and stand up against what you guys know is wrong, then you guys would get more support and help from hunters to try and help get things lined out. I'm betting it will never happen.

23-Sep-18
Ball-less clowns wasting your resources, WOW! How, in your wisdom, is IDNR employees wasting “your” resources? You now own the deer? We go out and shoot your deer? They allow other hunters to shoot your deer? Once again, you blame everything on IDNR and it’s employees. You and others like you are not at fault for anything. It must be nice to live in your world where someone else is to blame. Is it my fault that the guys come down from Cook & Lake counties and shoot every small buck they see? Is it my fault that the kid down the road shoots 10-12 does a year just because? It must be, I work for IDNR! Like I said, hope you have a good year.

23-Sep-18
"Once again, you blame everything on IDNR and it's employees." The scary thing is, the IDNR, NEVER, takes the blame. Have you noticed that??? Like i said earlier. The DNR standing up for what is wrong, will never happen. Just look at your last post. They have you trained well. DENY!!!! And yes you guy's are ball-less clowns. You puppets need to cut your strings loose.

23-Sep-18
Uuuuummmm..., I'm unfortunately from Cook County, but I do not shoot every small buck I see. I work to kill "your" bigger bucks.

And if the ground I hunt in Southern IL is thick with deer, I might kill a doe, some years, maybe two, but definitely not twelve.

23-Sep-18
Bentstick you are way too angry at things of which you know little. Take a deep breath. Relax. Kick your dog a couple times. You will feel better.

23-Sep-18
Rick, if you have the desire to shoot a doe when you’re in SI, let me know. We’d like to have a few taken off the farm. No disrespect ment to Cook Co bowhunters, I know several. The hunters I was referring to is the orange army that comes down twice a year.

23-Sep-18
Pete. If i ever gave you the idea that i gave a $hit what you thought, Sorry. I don't. You want to play their games, play them.

23-Sep-18
Looky there Rick. Now he's your friend. Imagine that.8^)))

23-Sep-18
Jim - No disrespect taken. I was joking.

Time is a problem this year, but in the future if you're finding your doe numbers are high on your ground, I'd be more than happy to try to help alleviate that.

New ground and new people are a blast. I aspire to become a hunt gypsy someday.

Assuming, or course, that Bentstick is exaggerating and I wouldn't actually have to get neutered and try running my climber up a tree wearing some stupid shoes and a rubber nose.

23-Sep-18
Jeez, change your handle to Bentoutofshapestick81!

23-Sep-18
The truth always seems to reach a nerve. DENYING it won't make it go away puppet.

23-Sep-18
Rick. Don't worry. You will find out soon enough. If you have noticed, there are few more on here that are well known, and know exactly what they are talking about. I couldn't care less if you like me or believe me, but i would go back and re-read some threads. You will see the hammer hitting the nail right on the head.

23-Sep-18
Oh well, some people just have a Bentstick up their butt.

23-Sep-18
Also Rick, check out the "SINGLE TAG" thread. You have the puppet on there trying to blow smoke up everyone's a--, and then there are those that prove they know what they are talking about.

23-Sep-18
Boy that's a good one puppet. Hope you don't stay up all night, on my account, to try and beat that. 8^)))

23-Sep-18
Neighbor lady's dogs got into It with a skunk for the second time this weekend. Wife and kids helped with th de-skunk effort. Now, they need de-skunking, then me. Stinky youngest is going into the bath momentarily. I looked at that other thread while filling the tub.

Any pearls from my oyster of a brain will have to wait. I'm sure the anticipation is palpable.

After running two baths and then two showers, I'm afraid that I'll be down to a choice of ice cold shower or baby wipes. Any bets on the efficacy of unscented baby wipes on skunk?

Yeah. That's what I figure. Dish soap and character builder.

24-Sep-18
WOW! Feel sorry for you. A skunk spray is bad. Good luck.

27-Sep-18
What do the gun tags look like in these counties? I would be worried that if they haven't been significantly reduced, there will only be more targets for the orange-clad hunters, effectively just taking opportunity away from bow hunters. However, the tags may be significantly reduced.

• Sitka Gear