Mathews Inc.
Pa. state wide archery ends on Monday???
Pennsylvania
Contributors to this thread:
Banjo 26-Aug-18
Rut Nut 27-Aug-18
Thunderflight 27-Aug-18
Bowhunting 5C 27-Aug-18
Red Beastmaster 27-Aug-18
Banjo 27-Aug-18
horsethief51 27-Aug-18
Bonafide 28-Aug-18
RC 28-Aug-18
Teeton 28-Aug-18
Rut Nut 28-Aug-18
RC 28-Aug-18
rust4brains 28-Aug-18
Bourbonator 28-Aug-18
Teeton 28-Aug-18
Rut Nut 28-Aug-18
RC 29-Aug-18
Rut Nut 29-Aug-18
RC 29-Aug-18
Rut Nut 29-Aug-18
RC 29-Aug-18
Rut Nut 29-Aug-18
RC 29-Aug-18
Banjo 29-Aug-18
bowkevin 30-Aug-18
Bowbender 30-Aug-18
Phil Magistro 30-Aug-18
BC173 31-Aug-18
Banjo 31-Aug-18
26-Aug-18
Just wondering if it’s a misprint or if the state wide archery season ends on Monday Nov.12th? Unlike all previous years when it ended on Saturday.

27-Aug-18
I suspected they included the 12th because it is Veteran’s Day and a lot of us have it off. I just confirmed that on the PGC site.

27-Aug-18
I have never understood why PA closes archery deer season during the peak of the rut. I am not aware of any state that does the same. I find it difficult to believe that the extra two weeks would have any significant impact on deer populations.

27-Aug-18
In the Special Regs areas, the season is not closed for the Rut.

27-Aug-18
PGC tossed us a bone.

Enjoy it and say a prayer for the vets.

27-Aug-18
Just couldn’t figure why they would extend it for one day, Veterans Day or not I bet more people are off on Sunday than Veterans Day but that’s a whole different battle. I agree it should continue till bear season. Not complaining, it’s an extra day to hunt and I’ll take, was just trying to put some sense to it.

27-Aug-18
They started this the last time the state holiday fell on that Monday so that state employees would be able to bow hunt. 2012, I believe. It has only been since the mid 1990s that we could hunt much past halloween. It was a hot issue just getting the 2 weeks back then and it is still resented by many non-bowhunting deer hunters! It has nothing to do with science. It is more a political/social issues because 2 thirds if deer hunters do not bow hunt.

28-Aug-18
Enjoy it boys I'll be hunting the Rut in Ohio.

28-Aug-18
It has nothing to do with science. It is more a political/social issues because 2 thirds of deer hunters do not bow hunt.

Yes it does, Art.

political science........

LOL

28-Aug-18
Why is turkey season closed the week of archery deer, bear ?? I will be taking off that week.. Would be nice if you could hunt deer, turkey and bear at the same time, even if turkey was open for that week archery only.. Not all of us are outlaws... Most of us do just enjoy being out there. Thats my time in the woods, really the only time I would get a chance to hunt turkey. Ed

28-Aug-18
I think you are reading that wrong, Ed. You had me worried there for a minute! (I like hunting deer/bear/Turkey simultaneously that week as well! ;-)

Most of the WMU’s are open to turkey hunting that week.

28-Aug-18
Perry, them mechanics never could read:)

28-Aug-18
In years past, the season has closed on Veteran's Day, when that day was a Monday.

28-Aug-18
I took vacation to hunt the last week of the season. I picked up a bonus day with Monday off as well.

28-Aug-18
Ouch RC :)

I did read that wrong.. Me bad!!

28-Aug-18
Don’t worry about it Ed! Roy’s got nothing better to do now than to point out everybody’s mistakes...................since he don’t hunt anymore! ;-)

29-Aug-18
It's not hunting season yet fuzz nuts:)

29-Aug-18
It doesn’t matter Roy, you don’t hunt anymore when the season’s open! ;-)

29-Aug-18
How do you know?

29-Aug-18
Cause you don’t kill anything! : )

29-Aug-18
Oh so hunting is all about killing?

29-Aug-18
No, but it’s gotta at least be a possibility! ;-)

29-Aug-18
Ok Mr. Snakebite:)

29-Aug-18
In the 30 plus years I've been archery hunting can't ever remember them closing the season on Monday. Hmm, must be getting old.

30-Aug-18
Roy hunts but he can't hit anything ??

30-Aug-18
"In the 30 plus years I've been archery hunting can't ever remember them closing the season on Monday. Hmm, must be getting old."

30-Aug-18
Memory is the second thing to go.....

31-Aug-18
Mine usually ends on a Sunday. The day before rifle season. :)

31-Aug-18
Lol Phil, just for the record in my case it's the first thing to go. ??

• Sitka Gear