HARRY CARRY 10-Sep-18
Red Beastmaster 11-Sep-18
RC 11-Sep-18
hawkeye in PA 11-Sep-18
28-Aug-18

HARRY CARRY's embedded Photo
It’s that time!

“Strictly Sticks Traditional Archers” annual 2-Day Weekend is just 2 weekends away, on September 8-9, 2018, in Alverton, Pennsylvania (Westmoreland County, Southwestern PA). And you are invited!

Open to Archers, and their families, using recurves, longbows, and selfbows, the event offers multiple courses, realistic hunting scenarios, challenging shots, novelty events, and even a little bit of competition, if you so desire.

But what “Sticks” strives to offer is FUN with Traditional Archery. Geared toward ANY ability, we welcome the most seasoned Archer, to someone who is completely new to our sport. And it matters not your age, either.

You will meet the best people around at “Sticks”. If you arrive, and don’t know anyone, that will not be the case after a few minutes.

Take a look at the attached weekend itinerary: from the kitchen offerings, to camping possibilities, to the shooting events, to the trading tables, to the camaraderie. We hope our 2-Day Traditional Weekend gives you the greatest local possibility to have fun with your Archery friends, both new and long time.

The Crew of “Sticks” does their best to set up and run an event to promote the best of Traditional Archery. All it takes is YOU to join us, and make it a fun and worthy event!

Won’t you join us? Have family members wanting to try a Traditional Archery event? Bring them! September 8-9, 2018. We’ll leave the targets up for you!

Signed, The Crew of “Strictly Sticks Traditional Archers”

28-Aug-18

28-Aug-18
ATDA BOY HC

28-Aug-18
I'm planning on going.

29-Aug-18
Im not now....

29-Aug-18
Me either....

30-Aug-18
Good

30-Aug-18
Gooder

30-Aug-18
Well, it looks like I could go and finally have an enjoyable shoot.

30-Aug-18
Phil, we'd be honored to see ya! It's quite the eclectic gathering of Archers....

Some being more eclectic than others........!!!!!!

(And YOU know WHO they are.)

30-Aug-18

RC's embedded Photo
RC's embedded Photo
Just seemed appropriate:)

LOL

30-Aug-18

I think Metiki needs eclectic to plug in his CPAP.

30-Aug-18
Nah..

Rumor has it he has switched over to natural gas:)

30-Aug-18
Well then we need some bake beans to go along with the hot dogs.

30-Aug-18
been awhile since I stayed, is the shower still in the lot?

30-Aug-18
I'm coming

30-Aug-18
Geeze now bk... He's comin too? Dang..... Ill be under the big osage tree. Hayl none of younze will find me rofl

30-Aug-18
Harry, it would be my honor to be there but I'm not going to make the trip. Knowing these guys they're all blowing smoke and will show up and there goes the neighborhood. Would like to get there again someday but no way to know when.

30-Aug-18
Phil, totally understand. Life's become like that: ya know what you can do just a few moments before it's time!!! We'll see ya whenever we see ya!

And Keng: the club building now has a small, attached "cinder block" shower room with hot and cold water. It was built around 5 or so years ago...maybe a few before. It's on the far right side of the building, and is accessed from outside, with a locking door. The old shower-stall-on-a-cart is long gone!!!!!! Hope your schedule DOES allow for a visit!

31-Aug-18
Keng

Don't drop the soap!

31-Aug-18
oh, I wasn't planning on showering. Just need a place to get away from the everlasting geothermal talk. just gonna go in and hide

31-Aug-18
You can get in trouble lurking about the showers. ;)

31-Aug-18
Ken a bunch of these fellers couldnt tell ya the difference betwixt an Osage tree and the family tree... Stay near the woods but upwind of me please:)

01-Sep-18
Hey Dale I'll be under the big black locust tree with Roy lol

01-Sep-18

bowkevin's embedded Photo
bowkevin's embedded Photo
Roy was out looking for Osage today in the swamp ??

01-Sep-18
PBR? ROFLMGDAO! OMG theres just soooo much.... But too little time:)

01-Sep-18
Dirty old man.

01-Sep-18
Looks like RC's Depends blew up!

Too many stuffed peppers! Whew!

01-Sep-18
That's funny red

02-Sep-18
Dirty old man wearing a "Sticks" shirt. What else is there to say? "Pax Nobis"??

02-Sep-18
Real nice, Kevin.. LMAO Our 1/4 acre pond sprung a leak in the dam and we lost 3/4 of the water. So we had the dogs down there and our lab got stuck 20 feet from shore in 18 inches of muck. Chris got stuck 10 feet out trying to get to her. I got Chris out and told her to stay on shore. I crawled out to the 85 pound dog and had to keep sliding her closer to shore till she could make her way out. Then I could not get out. Sent Chris to the house for rope and help. While she was gone, I started thinking about the snappers in the pond, maybe buried in the muck I was stuck in. Said Roy, ya gotta get yer a$$ out of here pronto. Took me 15 minutes to dig and crawl my way out. Talk about a helpless feeling. Got to the house and stripped down in the driveway and threw the cloths in the garbage. Funny now but was not funny at the time.

02-Sep-18
I got to see first hand today where he was stuck and I'm sure it wasn't funny. Sorry Roy

03-Sep-18
That was good Kevin, thanks!

03-Sep-18
Hey, yinz-all: the street from Scottdale to "Sportsman's Club Road", Water Street, will be closed this week and during the 2-Day shoot weekend, for Railway Crossing repairs. Unless you are a local, and know the variety of alternative back roads, just follow the directions sheet that was posted. It does NOT take you over or near the closed section of Water Street. Thank you for your considerations....

07-Sep-18
Randy, yinz might need a umbrella service for some of those over the ridge boys.

07-Sep-18
Hawkinpa, I never did like you. We might be over the ridge but we're not quite over the hill!

The weather girl says Muck boots are a good idea for Strictly Sticks this weekend. Don't need no stinkin' umbrellas!

07-Sep-18
LOL, Roy might be able to get his rescue/snapping trousers clean.

07-Sep-18
LOL Happened again today, Chris got stuck and I had to get her out. LOL

07-Sep-18

RC's embedded Photo
RC's embedded Photo

08-Sep-18
Saturday was a perfect day for shooting! Light rain ended to a bit of sun. Nice and cool.

Thanks to the crew for putting on a great shoot in spite of the wet forcast. I had a really good time!

09-Sep-18
Glad you guys got a break from the rain yesterday.

Today is gonna be miserable.

09-Sep-18
Enjoyed the shoot SS crew, nice layout. Thanks for all the hard work.

09-Sep-18
And a hearty THANK YOU to the brave weather-busting campers and Archers who attended the shoot! Our sign-in sheet listed 41 names, but we think amongst everything going on, we might have had a few more people visiting, and/or contemplating shooting. Yes, Saturday was the "best" of the 2 days, with pretty much Saturday night until now (long after the shoot has been over) being a constant rain. We did see Noah and His Ark floating down Nuclear Creek, but he and his critters were safe: no one was out on a course when he sailed by! Every club is bound to have "one of those days", and this most certainly was "our day". BUt, we did make new friends, especially new friends who arrived Friday late morning from Virginia and camped until Sunday. And we visited with old friends. ANd we laughed and had fun with the various inside and outside courses and novelty shots. And: we had Sue's cake AND brownies on Saturday. Sooooooooo, given the negative factors, the positives won, and the shoot was declared GOOD! (Now, if we could keep our fingers crossed that when the normal "Sticks" 3D season begins in November, the weather takes pity on us, and grants us some of the acceptable days, it would be greatly appreciated!)

09-Sep-18
And a hearty THANK YOU to the brave weather-busting campers and Archers who attended the shoot! Our sign-in sheet listed 41 names, but we think amongst everything going on, we might have had a few more people visiting, and/or contemplating shooting. Yes, Saturday was the "best" of the 2 days, with pretty much Saturday night until now (long after the shoot has been over) being a constant rain. We did see Noah and His Ark floating down Nuclear Creek, but he and his critters were safe: no one was out on a course when he sailed by! Every club is bound to have "one of those days", and this most certainly was "our day". BUt, we did make new friends, especially new friends who arrived Friday late morning from Virginia and camped until Sunday. And we visited with old friends. ANd we laughed and had fun with the various inside and outside courses and novelty shots. And: we had Sue's cake AND brownies on Saturday. Sooooooooo, given the negative factors, the positives won, and the shoot was declared GOOD! (Now, if we could keep our fingers crossed that when the normal "Sticks" 3D season begins in November, the weather takes pity on us, and grants us some of the acceptable days, it would be greatly appreciated!)

10-Sep-18
I found a Hunter Pro 500 4 orange fletched camo carbon arrow in my quiver today. And it doesn't belong to me, I'll try and remember to bring it in November.

10-Sep-18
Jeff, if by chance you had your quiver inside, there was one "young person" who we realized was picking up and moving various items. He had found a bag of Scott's rubber-tip-blunts (used for the Block course), and was handing them out to people Saturday night! Perhaps he decided you needed a gift!!!

11-Sep-18
Hawknpa,

Maybe someone thought you might need extra arrows for some strange reason. I can't imagine why. ????

11-Sep-18
Jeff gets more arrows like that... LOL

11-Sep-18
Thanks guys, " I don't have many arrows that find me". And yes Randy, that quiver was inside during that time period.

• Sitka Gear