Ungie01201 31-Aug-18
mrw 31-Aug-18
bowandspear 06-Sep-18
30-Aug-18

Shawn's embedded Photo
Shawn's embedded Photo
Shawn's embedded Photo
Shawn's embedded Photo
Hi my fellow mass hunters. I wanted to share this with you and get the heart pumping and blood flowing for the season.. this was at a check in station in mass when I was about 10. So this buck would of been taken right around 1999-2001. I remember taking the pics and being astonished as this was the biggest buck I've ever seen in person and to be honest it still is!!

30-Aug-18
Thanks for sharing that is a monster

30-Aug-18
That's a beauty Shawn! If I remember correctly from the CT forum, you were living down in the Ware area "ish" so to speak at that point... was this deer from that southern Worcester county area? Thanks for sharing it!

30-Aug-18
Yes I lived in ware. I forget exactly what station this was at but I want to say headed towards belchertown way. It was the talk of the station as you can see the leg of one of the gents standing by it. There must have been ten guys awwing, drooling and admiring this beautiful buck. It was a sight to see and clearly something I'll never forget!!

31-Aug-18
Wow!

31-Aug-18
Aww the old steel band tags. Do they still give those if you check in a deer at a check station? I have my grandfathers 12 point mount from the 70's with all of my steel band tags on the brow tines. I haven't checked one in since the online check system has been implemented. Since I rarely hunt MA shotgun season, I usually fill my tags in bow season. Come to think about it its been quite a few years since I've shot a deer during shotgun season in MA excluding the quabbin controlled deer hunt.

31-Aug-18
I would love to hunt the quabbin.. I kinda did seeing how where I hunted was across rte 9 on the other side. I remember on my way to belchertown one day there's a swamp on rte 9 on both sides of the road and at the back of it was a gorgeous moose with a fairly large rack eating.. astonished as that was the first and only moose I've seen in mass. A lot of great memories growing up across the quabbin.

31-Aug-18
Cool Shawn. I went by that swamp the other day on my way home from fishing! Great area.

31-Aug-18
Shhh,..

LOL

31-Aug-18
beauty!

31-Aug-18
Yes Buckshot, you can still get the metal tags. I always check my Mass deer in, but I'm lucky and there's a check station right here in town near my house.

06-Sep-18
very cool buck

• Sitka Gear