Sitka Gear
Hulett / Sundance Area
Wyoming
Contributors to this thread:
MN_Bow_Hunter_1980 31-Aug-18
31-Aug-18
Happy Friday everyone. So for the past few years I have been invited on a deer (whitetail / mule deer) hunt with a few guys to hunt around the Hulett / Sundance area. The land we would hunt is all private (I put Sundance in the heading thread because we have another group headed to the Sundance area as well but they are all hunting public land). That said I didn't put in for a tag this year for a buck license because I had a few other hunts in my home state (MN) I was trying to get (special archery hunts). Well long story longer - it's looking better for my ability to go to WY. They hunt the second week in November 12-16. They are rifle hunting and I don't like to pick up the rifle and was planning on archery hunting for antlerless only. I called the WY Game and Fish because I wasn't sure if i needed to buy a regular license at the regular fee in order to buy an antlerless tag. Well, it turns out I can purchase an antlerless tag for a very reasonable price. Actually, I can purchase up to 4 antlerless tags (private land only). My question is simple. Has anyone ever bow hunted that area and what has your experience been. Since the other guys are rifle hunting I would likely be mostly on my own (which is totally fine with me). These guys know the land so I can get the lay of the land but they aren't bow hunters so they look at it from a gun hunters perspective. Does anyone have any experience in that area? Any past hunt recollections or tactics would be most helpful. I think this is a good way and inexpensive way to get a taste of what hunting in that area is like before committing a ton of money to a buck hunt. Thanks in advance.

• Sitka Gear