Macombe Late Season? Broad heads?
Michigan
Contributors to this thread:
newtype248 31-Aug-18
BOWNUT 31-Aug-18
ground hunter 31-Aug-18
happygolucky 05-Sep-18
31-Aug-18
First timer here. I saw on the DNR website that the late season for white tails is extended until JAN 31 for Oakland, Wayne and Macomb counties. We get a whole extra month. Has it always been that way or is that new? Also I wanted some feedback if anyone's used either G5 Montec, G5 Deadmeat, or SlickTrick Viper Trick. I have all 3 and not sure which one to make my primary for the big moment. All seem to fly true. Thanks guys and good luck!

31-Aug-18
Last year was the first year. Tough hunting everything was nocturnal had lots of deer on the trail camera after dark. Can't help with the broadheads I use Magnus Black Hornets. Just use the sharp ones.

31-Aug-18
my suggestion is not to waste too much time with cameras,,,,,, those are all good heads,,, at one time when they first came out I shot a ST, did a nice job, I currently shoot the Magnus and the Wasp,,,,,, but those heads you chose are just fine......

do not hunt the lower, but I think the extension is new this year,,,,, someone here will advise

05-Sep-18
I've shot both the G5 Montec and the SlickTrick Viper Tricks. The STs are much sharper out of the package than the Montecs. Both cut bone very well. I killed a bear with a Viper Trick last year. I was using Slick Trick Magnums prior the Viper Tricks. I like the STs and continue to use them. I do wish the overall cutting radius was a click bigger though.

• Sitka Gear