Rut Nut 02-Sep-18
elk yinzer 02-Sep-18
Rut Nut 02-Sep-18
Rut Nut 02-Sep-18
elk yinzer 02-Sep-18
Rut Nut 02-Sep-18
02-Sep-18

elk yinzer's Link
https://triblive.com/sports/outdoors/14034665-74/pennsylvania-elk-hunting-season-could-see-changes

Apparently the PGC is headed for an archery season in the elk zone. Terrific news! Hopefully the points will reset for this hunt, as I've never felt compelled to apply for the rifle hunt.

02-Sep-18
Why would the points “reset?!” It was always an any weapon season. I always planned to use my bow if I drew.

02-Sep-18

Rut Nut's Link
Try this link

02-Sep-18
Just seems obvious. I never wanted to apply to the rifle hunt. I'll apply to an archery hunt either way.

02-Sep-18
It was never a “Rifle hunt” (see below):

ELK (Designated Elk Hunt Zones) regular season: Nov. 5-10. Only one elk may be taken during the license year.

ELK (Outside Elk Management Area) extended season: Nov. 12-17. Only one elk may be taken during the license year. For eligible elk license recipients who haven’t harvested an elk by Nov. 10, in designated areas.

02-Sep-18
Why penalize all those who have been building up points for years?

02-Sep-18
Its a separate hunt, points should start anew. Just my opinion. Probably won't change each others' mind. Just happy to have an archery hunt regardless how they handle the details.

02-Sep-18
So if you don’t fill your tag in Archery season you cannot hunt with a rifle in Nov?

• Sitka Gear