hoppies56 04-Sep-18
Babysaph 04-Sep-18
JayD 04-Sep-18
Babysaph 04-Sep-18
Fnshtr 04-Sep-18
fnshtr 04-Sep-18
Babysaph 05-Sep-18
04-Sep-18
I always like to go squirrel hunting a few times before bow season starts but I think after the heat this week by Saturday they may already be cooked before even having to shoot them! I hope this is our Indian Summer! Oops hope saying that doesn't mean I am not political correct! LOL Anyone take a kid out this past Saturday on the youth squirrel hunt? Any luck? My daughter ran in a half marathon this weekend down at Va Beach so we didn't go but at least we got to eat some seafood at Capt George's!

04-Sep-18
Squirrel hunting was once a favorite when my boys were young. but at that time the season started in Oct . Little to hot just yet. Indian summer doesnt come till after first frost what the old timers always said. What little i have been in the woods there seem to be lots of Squirrel which usually occurs after good mast years. Like we have last year here in mason co.

04-Sep-18
It is Native American summer. Get with it guys.

04-Sep-18
LOL I know have to be PC anymore!

Hey JR how about posting the pics of your squirrel hunts and give a few tips please!

I normally go out with the 22 at first so I can put enough on the table for everyone and then go out later with the recurve. I think the most I have ever gotten on one hunt with a recurve is 3 though. If I remember correctly didn't you take your limit a couple of times last year?

04-Sep-18
I did. I have an area across from my cabin that is loaded with acorns usually. I wait until the squirrels are on the ground. I wear a ghillie suit but blow more stalks than kill. when the squirrels are down in the leaves I try to get close to them.

04-Sep-18

Fnshtr's embedded Photo
Fnshtr's embedded Photo
I like to squirrel hunt.

04-Sep-18
Last year I figured it took me 20 shots for each squirrel I got with the recurve. Never got more than one in a day. Lol

05-Sep-18
Save some of those arrows for those big deer :)

• Sitka Gear