soapdish 06-Sep-18
nehunter 06-Sep-18
soapdish 06-Sep-18
spike78 06-Sep-18
Will 07-Sep-18
Will 07-Sep-18
Straight Arrow 08-Sep-18
05-Sep-18
Looks like the models are showing that CT may take a direct hit with hurricane Florence somewhere between Sept 14-18. I hope they are wrong.

05-Sep-18
They usually are

05-Sep-18
to far away !!

05-Sep-18
Let it pour... I am away next weekend for a wedding. Just clear up for Monday morning which will be my opening day.

05-Sep-18
Mega low pressure they will move before and after

05-Sep-18
The weather people can't even get tomorrow's forecast right most of the time. Let's hope they continue with their stellar record....

05-Sep-18
A weather man once told me, "10 percent accuracy for 100 percent pay".

05-Sep-18
We do not need a hurricane... Stay away hurricane!

06-Sep-18
Right now there is a high pressure area west of the Great Lakes. With an eastward movement, the clockwise rotation of the high, will probably steer any hurricane residue to the Atlantic in the area of Virginia. The hurricane looks minuscule on the national weather map. https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/national/weather-radar?play=1

06-Sep-18
Didn't it rain last year opening weekend as well?

06-Sep-18
May Dad used to say that "Weathermen and doctors are the same, they're both full of sh*t. Stick your head out the window, if you get wet,.....it's raining."

06-Sep-18
Alright someone needs to start some voodoo.. Dave jinxed us!

06-Sep-18
Hurricane Jose last year on opening weekend.

06-Sep-18
There is a big 8 just waiting for me dave told me do

06-Sep-18
I'll being taking the New London ferry to Block Island friday for a wedding.

06-Sep-18
It was warm and sunny in North East CT. I just looked at my deer harvest from last year

06-Sep-18
Nope. Chevy 2500 with a buck sticker in the rear window lol (Xmas present). Private land in Coventry and dabbling in natchuag forest.

06-Sep-18
About five years ago + we had a hurricane or large Storm ruin almost all the weekend's.

06-Sep-18
Cool

06-Sep-18
IDK they are always right when it’s crappy weather but wrong when it is supposed to nice out. They have been pretty spot on with this heat and humidity.

07-Sep-18
SWK - if you see a brown/gray Tacoma with MA plates around Nipmuc, that would be me. Happy to say hello if you see me some time if you hunt that area. Always good to meet fellow bowsiters. I hunt a bit of Natchog as well, so ditto that soapdish.

I dont recall opening weekend last year, but opening night it was like 85, humid and sunny in the patch of Nipmuc I hunted. I was sweating like I'd just jumped into a pond by the time I'd reached hunting altitude in my climber...

I have been obsessed with the forcast... tentatively, they seem to think it's going to come right for us... then hook hard right several hundred miles off shore. Fingers crossed it stays out there!

07-Sep-18
Cool, there are a few spots in that area I hunt some. I do a fair bit on the other side of 84 from there as well, off a few small town roads.

08-Sep-18
Maryland opens today, and I checked the weather for Baltimore and it's rain for the entire week! Florence appears on track to touch down on the Georgia coast. Time will tell if it turns up the east coast.

• Sitka Gear