Rob in VT 12-Oct-18
VTslinger 13-Oct-18
Rob in VT 13-Oct-18
ronsoutdoors 16-Oct-18
bigbuck 16-Oct-18
Rob in VT 16-Oct-18
skipmaster1 17-Oct-18
05-Sep-18
Just wondering what people are finding out there for feed. I'm really not finding many acorns and the Apple trees are just about empty. I brought out my binos and can barely find any acorns in the trees. My last resort has been hunting the hickory stands. Those seem to have a ok amount if nuts. I have shot deer feeding on hickory nuts when the other mass crops aren't present.

07-Sep-18
Mixed here. I have quite a few red oaks that are dropping good amounts of acorns. Apples are really spotty. My woods are really dry.

07-Sep-18
Apples are spotty but some trees have quite a few and deer are eating the drops already .I haven't been a lot of places yet but I am seeing a lot of acorns on the ground and squirrels are very active .got my first pic today of hard horn buck .I have yet to get a pic of bear in apples

13-Sep-18
More Bear sign than deer sign here in the Arlington/Sandgate area...Deer not hitting apples yet and acorns are scattered...Haven't had a good beech nut crop in years...We need a frost!!

22-Sep-18
Scouted a few more spots around and only a few apples. I have found acorns now but none of the trees are loaded. They have enough on them to hunt over but I don't know what will be left by mid October.

22-Sep-18
I have been spending more time out there lately , acorns are around and dropping some spots a lot on ground ,I am focusing on some travel routes in hopes that they are covering more ground looking for that good spot .I have a lot of pics in a couple of spots one acorns and another where a few apple trees are loaded bucks are out late at night now

02-Oct-18

Rob in VT's embedded Photo
Hardly any apples here in Washington county. Hoping my food plots are a BIG draw this year.

05-Oct-18

ronsoutdoors's embedded Photo
ronsoutdoors's embedded Photo
hey Rob wondering where you had been .any trips this year ? not much apples this way either.acorns seem to have dropped early in hopes that there are more to drop

06-Oct-18

Just back from Newfoundland with my daughter. She cleaned up!

06-Oct-18

And her 125lb boar.

12-Oct-18

Catch and release hunting :)

13-Oct-18
You must be into them to be passing them up. I've been out 6 times so far and haven't even seen a single deer. No apples or acorns left on 2 different farms I've been hunting.

13-Oct-18
I have had 5 sits and have seen 13 deer. All doe or fawns and 9 have been within range. Have pics of some decent bucks so waiting on them.

16-Oct-18
finding things a little tougher right now .the few apples are gone and most acorns already cleaned up trying to find some falling but haven't yet .had a couple does in range sunday but no clear shot

16-Oct-18
not much for food anywhere I have been the only thing I have noticed they are into the raspberries ,and mushrooms that they seem to be everywhere this year, been scouting more than hunting trying to find that right spot!! Rob I think your food plot is going to be HOT this year!!

16-Oct-18
The October Lull is upon us.

17-Oct-18
I was out opening afternoon. I saw 10does and a couple of younger bucks. I was just sitting in some ferns on a field edge. All in the field. One of the does got a little too close and I put a good shot on her. I walked back to the house to ditch my gear and when I came back there were more deer right in front of where I was sitting. I really think archery season is the best chance to see a bunch of deer. Come gun season and the deer just stay in the thickets during the day. Good luck out there!

• Sitka Gear