Shawnster 09-Sep-18
Rookie 10-Sep-18
RD 10-Sep-18
x-man 10-Sep-18
VogieMN 11-Sep-18
mennste 12-Sep-18
Tonybear61 16-Sep-18
09-Sep-18
So I went out to put new batteries in one of my trailcams this morning and, on the way out, walking between a corn field and the adjacent woods, I noticed a series of scrapes. As you would expect, they were under licking branches. And you could pretty much predict a scrape simply by looking for the next likely licking branch ahead. I know deer will visit certain licking branches throughout the year, but in my 30+ years of bowhunting, I have to say I've never observed a scrape line this early. Mid to Late October...sure...but early September? For me, this seems unusual. Would you agree? Or, have some of you observed scraping activity this early in the Fall?

10-Sep-18
I've seen mature bucks moving in camera earliest this year in the last 5.

10-Sep-18
Every year there are "edge" scrapes the first week of season around here.

10-Sep-18
I see them on edges around here too. Usually a young 1.5 year old.

11-Sep-18
I've seen them as well, especially under great overhead branches.

12-Sep-18
I went out to hang a couple camera's last Sunday 9/9 and I too saw three scrapes under licking branches on a field edge (soybeans/woods) edge. There were three different scrapes (none too impressive); but clearly bucks trying to mark their territory. I'm guessing as they come out of velvet their natural reaction is to try to establish dominance/territory as their hormones start to change. I did hang a camera in the area to try to document what bucks were hitting it.

16-Sep-18
I have seen them as early as the first week of August...

• Sitka Gear