DeanMan 10-Sep-18
Ungie01201 10-Sep-18
Huntskifishcook 10-Sep-18
TT-Pi 10-Sep-18
Will 10-Sep-18
BruceP 10-Sep-18
mrw 10-Sep-18
09-Sep-18
Hello MASSBOW - I was posting on quite a bit end of last year with so many questions. It was so fun living through the forum all of your hunts. As "ARROWNOOB" 2018 is the first year I have ever purchased a hunting license. It's the first year I've purchased a marine fishing license, too, I got my first Striper in May and it was delicious. I'm 41, grew up in MA so these new things have been so much fun to learn about and explore. Everyone has been very helpful here I love the live hunts. I'm set with my lone wolf climber (I had so many questions what to get), G5 PRIME bow and I'm ready for some serious sits this fall! I worked hard to identify some great public land and joined a private sportmen's club to have private land access. I have read the forum since last year - I've been fishing, got a new job, I just got my LTC (first time) and been shooting a lot of metal with rifles and handguns. I have one buck on a trail cam - it was out 16 days and I saw 2 deer total on it (one doe, one buck.) 2 deer in 16 days doesn't seem great. I'm Zone Ten so I have anterless tag (100% odds). In the future I think I might be "buck only" but this is my first year I'm looking to fill the freezer. I'm gonna hunt RI with my buddy, too, but that's not really serious - I haven't scouted it, don't know the area at all. I'll get to know it and at least have something to do on Sundays. I can't wait to change my name from Arrownoob - I hope it's this year. I've read a few posts from experienced guys that are over my head (thermals, wind, etc...) but I'll get there. Good luck to all - one question: What is the app to do "MOBILE HUNT"???? I will have my phone, want to share stories. How do you guys do it? One tip: UNDER ARMOUR "MAP MY HIKE" APP is a free GPS mapper. Use it when you scout, later you can retrace your hike by pulling up your old hike and mapping on top of it. I'm so excited - good luck to all!

10-Sep-18
Good Luck yourself AN B, looks like you are very well prepared. My only suggestion is simulate live hunt, stand shots wearing clothes, headgear etc you will be wearing during hunt. Crazy how many things you do not think about ca n affect your shot. One last thing enjoy the moment!

10-Sep-18
Arrownoob,reading YOUR post is truly what it's all about! Enjoy each and every day you are able to get out and you will learn more and more from time spent in the woods. Don't worry about ur camera activity because that place could light up in November! Good luck and keep us posted!

10-Sep-18
Good luck!

10-Sep-18
Good stuff Arrownoob! Have fun with the never ending learning process. Embrace the moments of frustration as much as you do the fleeting moments of success and you'll do great.

10-Sep-18
Wishing a great season for you Noob. Thanks for sharing your development.

10-Sep-18
Sounds like some great work that you have done, and the excitement is palpable... I'm with you, if my wife doesnt get called in (she's "on call") I'm getting 2019's first "Tree Stand Therapy" in CT Saturday... Feels like Christmas eve!

I hope your first season is awesome, whether you get one or not (It took me 7 years I think to get my first). Enjoy it!

As for the app, I just do it through bowsite mobile, https://mobile.bowsite.com/ is I think the url... though you can do it through your phone's internet browser as well...

10-Sep-18
AN, it's great to see someone else picking this stuff up a little older (I was mid 40s). Sounds like you're doing a lot to prepare yourself. I'd add one thing to what brooktrout suggested. If you haven't done it yet, practice shooting from an elevated position and remember to bend at the waist instead of dropping your bow arm. If you drop the arm bad stuff can happen, possibly a wounded/unrecovered deer.

Buck or doe, the first one is sweet. I look forward to seeing a pic of yours.

10-Sep-18
Good hearing your progression, we've all been there. And good luck this year.

I'll throw, pay attention to lots of little things; sounds, smells, look for rubs and scrapes, even old ones. And get some milk weed pods. You can let a flyer go and watch what the wind is doing. It will teach you a lot. Most of all, the deer will be your best teachers. And have fun!

• Sitka Gear