sticksnstrings 11-Sep-18
Slate 11-Sep-18
Dmac 11-Sep-18
Ksgobbler 13-Sep-18
Slate 13-Sep-18
One Arrow 13-Sep-18
Ksgobbler 14-Sep-18
10-Sep-18
Did anyone take any youth hunters out? We are headed out Thursday, to hunt the weekend.

10-Sep-18
We didn't get a chance to go with football games. It really sucks they moved it out of Labor Day weekend. Kids will not get a chance to hunt till November most likely.

10-Sep-18

writer's embedded Photo
writer's embedded Photo
Not just “youth” season. :-) A lot of kids with deer on the Kansas Hunting and Fishing FB page.

10-Sep-18
That is a nice one!

10-Sep-18
Congrats beautiful deer....

10-Sep-18
Very deserving man. Was in USMC, honor guard, when he broke his back in a rodeo. Still hunted quite a bit. He watched this buck from his porch the past two years. Decided he was big enough...and he danged-sure is.

10-Sep-18
Also very generous. Last youth season his brother guided a kid to an even bigger buck. Kids family literally had no money because of oncology bills...so the guy in the wheelchair paid to get the boy’s buck mounted.

10-Sep-18
Great story and man writer! I’ve been out every night with our daughters; a couple nice deer sighted, but we need them pretty close to close the deal. The weather has been almost perfect.

11-Sep-18
Very nice÷! Shawn

11-Sep-18
This is the best thread I’ve read on the Kansas forum, in many a moon!

11-Sep-18
This is awesome! Great buck and thanks for sharing!

11-Sep-18
need more stories like this! and maybe less of the back and forth bickering on this page..... This guy sounds like he gets it! Congrats sir!

11-Sep-18
Great read. That’s a beautiful animal congrats to him.

11-Sep-18
Very very nice . Wish the hunting world had more like you ! GREAT JOB

13-Sep-18
I know of a 211" deer taken by a youth.

13-Sep-18
Any pics Matt would love to see

13-Sep-18
Was hoping to take at least one youth out, but that has fallen through. This is tougher than I thought.

Hopefully she will be able to go during archery season... she really wants to shoot a bow. Little late this year, but if you hear of any youth bows available that are reasobably priced, cheap, or free let me know. Maybe I can get her set up for next year... and, close your ears, I need to find a crossbow to borrow until then.

14-Sep-18
I dont have any pics. A friend of mine's son shot a 150" still in velvet the other night and his daughter shot a 140" that was clean out of velvet earlier in the week.

• Sitka Gear