onX Maps
Walk in near whitewood/spearfish
South Dakota
Contributors to this thread:
Mathews25 10-Sep-18
DR 14-Sep-18
Mnhunter1980 17-Sep-18
10-Sep-18
Hey guys new here. Currently deployed overseas for military but returning beginning of November and looking to do some deer hunting by sturgis or whitewood. Look for any good locations or spots anyone would like to share. Would be much appreciated. Means a lot, thank you. Gods speed

14-Sep-18
I would get a copy of the walk-in atlas and you can also use the map features on the gfp website with overlays to do a LOT of great aerial scouting from your PC. A lot of great spots out there to look over and cover. Anything that takes some effort and boot leather to get back into will likely hold some game if the habitat is there.

17-Sep-18
OnX maps are great! I just hunted that area last week and it made it much easier with the app. It also has overlay maps for the walk-in. You can even use it when your phone doesn’t have service. It shows you exactly where you are as you move around hunting. It will also tell you how many acres the property is, Who owns it. There is a an overlay that shows you elevation. It even has a free 7 day trial, or I think I paid 15 or 20 bucks for one state for a year. In my opinion after using the app it would be hard to go with out. It saved us a ton of time and gas driving around looking at public or walk in by using the app. Good luck! Let us know how things are going.

• Sitka Gear