Belchertown Bowman 13-Sep-18
stillhunter 13-Sep-18
Belchertown Bowman 13-Sep-18
xi 13-Sep-18
jdrdeerslayer 13-Sep-18
Sosso 13-Sep-18
TT-Pi 13-Sep-18
13-Sep-18
I am going experiment with seeding standing corn with oats and Brassicas,.. after the corn is harvested theoretically it should explode with growth.

Has anyone done this? How did it work out?

I don't "think" the farmer will notice or care?

13-Sep-18
I'd ask, you guys have a good thing going... no reason to find out the farmer is upset when it's to late...

13-Sep-18
No I was not going to do that at our food plot site,. I was just going to do it at some corn plots I hunt where I don't know the farmer. A cover crop improves the soil. My guess is he would say can you do the entire field

13-Sep-18
I would still ask, if he is in the practice of killing off his field with herbicide in the spring anyway well maybe he wont care. If not he might not appreciate you planting competition for his corn. many annul seeds will come back next spring even if that isn't how they are advertised.

13-Sep-18

Belchertown Bowman's Link
Most farmers plant a winter cover crop that gets tilled in during the spring and it improves the soil.

In my area helicopters have started seeding the corn,.. Link

But the advice to ask is sound.

https://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2017/08/helicopters_seed_area_farm_fie.html

13-Sep-18
BB, I wouldn't do any thinking for the farmer without asking, seriously.

13-Sep-18
id do oats......to late now for brassicas or clovers to amount to anything

13-Sep-18
Definitely talk to the farmer. Crop rotation is a big deal and something may already be in play.

13-Sep-18
Never f*ck around with someone's land. Never. Ask if you dare but don't wing it. Ever.

That is never-ever, do not and don't do it. Just ask.

You don't want to become the hunted...

• Sitka Gear