RC 03-Oct-18
Rut Nut 04-Oct-18
RC 04-Oct-18
bill v 05-Oct-18
BC173 05-Oct-18
BC173 05-Oct-18
handle 05-Oct-18
14-Sep-18
To all those venturing out in Penns Woods for the special regs archery opener, please be safe, use your safety harness, have fun and shoot straight. Good luck!! BSKED.

14-Sep-18
The two week education of the SE bucks begins.

14-Sep-18
The nice thing John is we no longer have to educate them, we can shoot them starting tomorrow! :)

14-Sep-18
GL. All

14-Sep-18
Good luck guys! I won’t be hunting til Thursday.

15-Sep-18
Glad I have a bug suit, the skeeters were out in full force this morning.

16-Sep-18
Very slow in the morning. Significantly more action during the evening sit.

17-Sep-18
BSKED true, I completely forgot about being concurrent and not just early doe.

18-Sep-18
Hope to get out soon 5D, at Forksville all weekend

19-Sep-18
Ron, so you don't know how to hunt unless it's from behind a yellow posted sign??

19-Sep-18

Does's embedded Photo
It was a great day for my 11 year old son. Opening day success.
Does's embedded Photo
It was a great day for my 11 year old son. Opening day success.

19-Sep-18
Congrats to your son..

^5

19-Sep-18
Congrats to your son on a nice velvet buck. Awesome photo as well.

19-Sep-18
Way to go Eric. Give that boy a congrats from me

Bill v

19-Sep-18
Hello Ron. You out in Chester co somewhere?

Bill v

19-Sep-18
Well done...congrats!!!

20-Sep-18
That’s a great velvet buck and even better picture! Tell your son congrats.

20-Sep-18
Dang. That’s bad bad news Ron

Bill v

20-Sep-18
Congrats on the velvet buck.What a great smile on that young hunter that tells the whole story.

21-Sep-18
Good Job.congrats

24-Sep-18
Ron, it was announced the other day...EHD CONFIRMED.

24-Sep-18
EHD is bad news. We lost 75% of our herd 6 years ago because of it. There were dead deer laying everywhere. Deer that have it will look like they got run over by a truck. Their hide will look very rough.

24-Sep-18
Congrats on the velvet buck! Awesome!!

24-Sep-18
Took 6 years for our herd to recover.

24-Sep-18
It hit here first of September last year. I had 4 nice shooters all summer and 5 does and fawns. I saw one fawn all hunting season. This year all I have seen is 1 momma and it's fawn.

25-Sep-18
WOW! That stinks- sorry to hear it! : (

02-Oct-18
Information on the extent/range of this thing is very hard to come by. I live in South Coventry, top of Chester County. So far I know it is in North and South Coventry, Elverson and the French Creek state park area. I have also heard it's as far east as Kimberton. I don't know what percentage of the herd is dying from it, but three walks in the woods over the last week has kicked up one scared doe. It's a ghost town around here. The S.E. game commission was useless as far as having or giving any information. Can anyone here tell me where else the EHD has been found? I'd kind of like to know the extent of this thing. Jim

03-Oct-18
Maybe Ron will chime in and give us an idea where he saw this issue. Maybe we can build a map to get a better picture. I’ll see if I can make some calls later. Jim, did you find any dead deer? If so, did you report them? This ain’t good

Bill v

03-Oct-18
When EHD hit our area out here in the west, it stretched from Erie down to the WV border and into eastern Ohio. It's not a good thing and there will be many many deer die from it. And with the dense deer population in the SE, that makes things even worse.

03-Oct-18
Bill, I have found dead deer and I have called SE PA game Dept. Their responce was underwhelming. No info whatsoever. My count so far is 2 in my woods, 9 in my friends woods in North Coventry, 30 at Ryers horse farm on Rt. 23 in South Coventry, "dozens in French Creek SP, which is only two or three miles away, and second hand reports of dead deer in Nantmeal and Kimberton. i would love to get a map going seeing that we are kind of on our own as far as information goes. That being said, two fawn walked across my front lawn this AM and I saw two doe in Nantmeal this PM. I for one will not be hunting here this year and will recomend that noone else does either. Sad.

03-Oct-18
Guys I was under the impression EHD spreads during drought conditions. Last time I looked we have had r cord rain all summer.

Thoughts?

03-Oct-18

RC's Link
Nope..

04-Oct-18
"After the first week symptoms become more apparent and can include depression, fever, swelling in the head, neck, tongue or eyelids, difficulty breathing, loss of appetite and the deer could loose its fear of man."

OK- so how do you tell if a deer is depressed???

04-Oct-18
It will be the one with an orange bullseye painted on it's chest:)

05-Oct-18
Man. That’s not good handle. One of our guys shot a pair last week. Both were underweight and not consumable not sure why yet

05-Oct-18
handle... nothing can be done. We went thru this a while back. On the coal mine property where my brother works (about 500 hundred acres) there was over 100 dead deer found. They know that for sure because they dug a pit with a dozer and buried them. I hardly hunted Pa. that year. I went to Ohio.

05-Oct-18
handle... nothing can be done. We went thru this a while back. On the coal mine property where my brother works (about 500 hundred acres) there was over 100 dead deer found. They know that for sure because they dug a pit with a dozer and buried them. I hardly hunted Pa. that year. I went to Ohio.

05-Oct-18
Funny thing is this was the first year in ten that I bought a doe tag. There were just so many deer in and around the house I figured it was time to take a couple out for the good of the herd. Mother Nature beat me to it! Now we need a hard frost.

• Sitka Gear