goelk 01-Oct-18
goelk 03-Oct-18
ColoBull 04-Oct-18
ColoBull 04-Oct-18
P&Y400 08-Oct-18
P&Y400 08-Oct-18
Blade 19-Oct-18
14-Sep-18
Has anyone seen pics of any unit 2 bulls? I have seen a pic of one nice bull taken, probably in the 325-335" range. I chose to go the rifle route and my season starts on Oct. 1st.

14-Sep-18
I haven't seen any yet. Was it Blade who was going to hunt Walkers with a Muzzleloader? All my PM's expired and I forgot who all was up there with me in points during the veterans of unit 2 thread. I've been hoping someone would get a NW unit hunt report going

14-Sep-18
I saw a picture of a great bull taken in one of those units by a muzzleloader. I don't know which unit or anything else about it, but it's a really impressive animal. I will post more info if I can find anything out.

14-Sep-18
Yeah, Blade should have been up there this week. Hopefully he’ll give us a recap!

16-Sep-18
Marv CLynke sent me a picture of a big one with a muzzle loader. Probably the same one, Brun.

Hopefully some of the bowhunters will score here towards the end!

16-Sep-18
Treeline, did the bull in the pic you saw have a big[approx 25 inch] extra tine coming out of the right side near the base?

16-Sep-18
Nope. Really long fronts, 3rds, and 4ths - short 5ths. Heavy with long beams. Muddy like he had just hit a wallow.

16-Sep-18
Different bull for sure. I know we have some bowsite guys up there in 2 and 10. Hope we hear some good news soon.

16-Sep-18
Anybody have a pic of that giant 10 bull with the big extra on the right side near the base? My boss showed me a pic of it the other day. Rumor has it the bull is something like 409 and a guy from meeker killed it. It is a pig. Would love to get a pic of it.

16-Sep-18
That is the one a saw a picture of, but I don't have it. I am going back to camp tonight and I will try to get some more info. It's a great bull and that extra point looks to be at least 25 inches long, so it's got to be a big number. I was up there this summer and I met a guy from Meeker who had a muzzleloader tag. If it was him I can probably get some more info.

16-Sep-18
Im sure that is the guy that killed it. I can't remember his name but it is a super awesome bull! I spend tons of time in that unit and i don't think anybody had ever seen that bull before which makes it even more awesome for the guy that got it.

16-Sep-18
If i see my boss from work i will try and get the info and picture and share it with everybody.

16-Sep-18
that would be cool

18-Sep-18
I have the pic of that bull--stud for sure and killed in an area 99% of us would not even consider hunting! I do not have permission to share it, though. pretty sure that extra is a 3rd main beam.

18-Sep-18
Sorry everybody i got some info and pics off the supposed 400 10 bull. It is obvious that the bull scores nowhere near the claimed score. It is still a super awesome impressive bull with some shady circumstances surrounding the bull. The hunter doesnt want the picture out there and doesn't want to talk about the bull or anything about it. It is a shame if the rumors are true and laws were broken to harvest this elk.

18-Sep-18
I was up in unit 2 this weekend and saw a p/u on the Blvd that had a good rack in the back. I was unable to see any details, but the tops looked good. So there are a few coming down off the mountain.

18-Sep-18
Hmm..bull was killed in a area 99% of us wouldn't consider hunting.. Shady circumstances, reluctant to talk about the hunt. I'm going to guess dinosaur national monument?

19-Sep-18
Got back late today after spending the full ML season in Unit 2. There were hardly any vocals from the elk, extremely hot and dry and minimal numbers of elk seen for most of the group. For the elk that were harvested, there was little time available for pictures, congrats, etc...trying to get meat, cape and heads taken care of and cooled down in the heat. Common question was "where are the cows?" Group took a 7x7 and two 6x6's with another bull taken earlier without my knowledge of size. The three mentioned bulls probably run in the 335-355 range. A few +370's were seen without any shot chances offered. The key ingredient for success, obvious because of heat, was water. Wildland fires were in the area but little to no effect on hunting.

19-Sep-18
Not shady circumstances at all. Just in an area that most wouldn't hunt--no where near the park at all, in fact, probably as far as your could get from it. The bull is an awesome bull and probably does score over 400". It's up to the hunter if he wants it shared and that's his right.

19-Sep-18

Big-Al's embedded Photo
Big-Al's embedded Photo
Here is a bull I took 2 years ago up there--not even close to the park either, btw. That canyon country below is rough but has huge bulls in it!

19-Sep-18

Nwcoloradoelkaddict's embedded Photo
After seeing pics of the bull there is no way it even close to 400. I would bet money that it doesn’t score that. The bull doesn’t have long points, doesn’t have long main beams, it takes all of that to even come close to that magical 400 mark. Sorry it is a great bull but not 400.

19-Sep-18

Nice unit 2 muzzy bull
Nice unit 2 muzzy bull

19-Sep-18

Nice unit 2 muzzy bull
Nice unit 2 muzzy bull

19-Sep-18
Awesome bulls! I'd guess 340 not counting extra point/main beam around 30". good brows but with 1 weak and 1 decent 3rd and at least 1 weak 5th. I think he's closer to 370 than 400". Just joking about Dinosaur national monument, definitely a few 400" bulls in there.. I've worked around Rangely for many years and have seen elk in overlooked places you would't think they'd be

19-Sep-18
Unless the ones of you insinuating the above bull was killed under "shady circumstances" and "laws were broken" have hard facts that is the case. IMO it makes you douche bag for posting that rumor on the internet. FYI I have no idea who the guy that killed it is.

19-Sep-18
The guy who killed the above bull in unit 2 Is a good person and did nothing illegal. So stop being a douche bag JohnMc!

19-Sep-18
How about this then... Insinuating on the internet that any hunter that killed a big (or small) animal killed it under "shady circumstances" and "laws were broken" with out having hard facts is a douche bag Kyle Rollins.

19-Sep-18
John C aka JohnMc I was just putting info out surrounding the bull and why nobody wants to talk about it. I have heard this information from some credible resources so i was just sharing it with other fellow hunters. I don't understand why you have such a big deal with it and ad t start calling names and jumping to conclusions that my info is wrong. If you have a problem with it then feel free to pm me!

19-Sep-18
I know plenty of people that hunt kill stuff and don't want to post pictures on the internet. Just because someone does not want to share their hunt with the world does not make them a poacher. If you drew a big tag and then killed a world class animal and next thing you know someone calling you unethical or a law breaker on the internet that has never met you. I bet you would think it is a big deal. It seems most any time someone does kill something approaching a world or state record you can almost guarantee some one will accuse them of not doing it the right way. If you have creditable info that he broke the law turn it over to the CPW and leave it at that. But it sounds like you have second (or third or fourth) hand info.

19-Sep-18
It's interesting how many big bulls create rumors of shady or unscrupulous behavior. Like Big-Al I know the location and it was definitely not in Dinosaur, and I don't know of anything about it that could be considered suspicious. I met the hunter on a scouting trip this summer and he seemed like a really good guy, which is also what I have heard from several mutual friends. I also heard that they measured the bull at around 380, which looked pretty close to me. That extra beam/tine looked like it's almost 30 inches long, which puts the rest of it around 350, which looks feasible to me. Anyway, great bull and congrats to the hunter.

19-Sep-18
Thanks for the clarification Brun. It is a awesome bull and congratulations to the hunter!

19-Sep-18
Thanks for the clarification Brun. It is a awesome bull and congratulations to the hunter!

19-Sep-18
In the word, and spelling of one Aaron Rodgers, R..E..L..A..X! Seriously, men! It's a great bull and close to 380-400". Appreciate that. As far as the delta bravo comments, I'm willing to be all y'all could meet at a bar over a cold beverage and be buddy buddy in a matter of minutes. Sharing hunts and telling lies! Great bull!

19-Sep-18
And, btw, my bull scores 344" as a 5X5...21 and 23" brows on that beast!

24-Sep-18
Just another reason to give up on this web site...trolls and assho***. I shot a big 7x7 should score 345-350..I will not post or share info. This thread is a prime example.

24-Sep-18
Congrats don, and to all the others. I been skunked, but being a tag Horder, it ain't over yet.

01-Oct-18
unit 10 muzzle loader. My cousin saw this bull at H&H game processor. send me a pic of it to my phone. don't know how to post from my phone. Great bull. They said it was over 13 inches at the base.

03-Oct-18

goelk's embedded Photo
goelk's embedded Photo
Here the pic my ciusun send to me.

04-Oct-18
The sooner we come to realize that there are a few "anti-hunting trolls" frequenting the site, the better off we may be. It seems like all too often the threads devolve into some kind of name calling and innuendo. I've fallen into the trap myself, and may well again, but my guard is up. Fortunately there are apparently quite a few more sincere & good natured folks, who love to hunt, and are willing to share their experiences, which keeps me coming back. Nice bull - no doubt.

04-Oct-18
I recently spoke with an old acquaintance who drew unit 2 this year. I won't steal his thunder, but a brief recap would be that it was quite warm - 80's & 90's - well into the season. The elk were somewhat surprisingly non-vocal ( for private land), & rather sparse. Not surprisingly, the drought appeared to have taken a bit of a toll on rack development/symmetry. IIRC, the success rate for the guys he saw was still 100% & he had a great time, tagging a very nice bull, and would do it again in a heartbeat.

08-Oct-18

P&Y400's embedded Photo
P&Y400's embedded Photo
Unit 10 Archery bull. Not the best pic but it’s the only one I had without lots of blood. Nice bull. Saw some tankers.

08-Oct-18
Any other bowsite users bowhunt the Northwest units this fall? Did you score?

19-Oct-18
I know of 3 bulls taken in Unit 2 with one taken by BH and the other two taken by ML. Two are 6X6 and one 7X7.

• Sitka Gear