Michigan
Contributors to this thread:
kirbster66 15-Sep-18
BIG BEAR 15-Sep-18
kirbster66 18-Sep-18
BIG BEAR 20-Sep-18
Dan In MI 22-Sep-18
15-Sep-18
I have a Groves Spitfire Hunter I purchased in 1967. This is one of the most beautiful bows I have ever owned and I'm wondering what it's value is? It's on a shelf at our cottage so I can't post it's details but if I recall it's 55# recurve. I'm planning on heading to the cottage tomorrow and will post the details then. I'm not sure I can sell it because I bought it when I was 18 and am now 71. I'm wondering if it could be used?

15-Sep-18
People shoot bows from the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s all the time....

Post pictures of it on the Leatherwall..... If you bought it when you were 18 I would think the sentimental value of it would be far far greater than the monetary value of it. Treat it to a new string and pass it on to someone in your family to shoot it and maybe hunt with it.....

PS..... My favorite recurve is a 1955 Bear Kodiak........ I shoot that....... And I shoot my 1966 Kodiak and my 70’s Grizzly and Fred Bear Takedown..........

18-Sep-18

kirbster66's embedded Photo
Groves Spitfire Hunter
kirbster66's embedded Photo
Groves Spitfire Hunter
Thanks for your input! The bow is a beautiful work of art and I'm more interested in its value out of curiosity. I have two son's and 3 grandsons that I'll hand it to at some point.

20-Sep-18
Someone over on the Leatherwall should be able to help you with a value.... not too many of the older recurves are worth more than $200-300..... but I’m not familiar with your bow........ Those guys over there on the Leatherwall are a wealth of knowledge....... Peace !!

22-Sep-18
BB is right about average values.

Groves don't have a high demand, but they are highly thought of. I'd say the $250-300 range would work for the right guy.

There are a lot of us that shoot the old recurves still.

• Sitka Gear