Racks & Ridges 17-Sep-18
DozRdeer2 18-Sep-18
Dusktildawn 18-Sep-18
Deebz 19-Sep-18
Deebz 19-Sep-18
Woods Walker 09-Oct-18
petedrummond 10-Oct-18
16-Sep-18
I live in northern Illinois near the Fox Valley, and the oak trees.....especially the WHITE/BURR oaks are raining acorns so much that you need a hard hat to walk under them. I'll be heading out to my hunting spot next weekend for a bit of scouting and I just hope the situation's the same in the woods.

Anyone else see the same?

16-Sep-18
Lots of White oaks are dropping like crazy on my place in West Central IL

16-Sep-18
GREAT! I hunt in Brown County too!

17-Sep-18

Racks & Ridges's embedded Photo
Not looking good in southern Illinois, I've been through the shawnee national forest where I normally hunt and very little acorns. I have found a few lone oaks with decent acorns but not by any means what it should be. I have a private 80 acres I'm allowed to hunt south of lake of egypt and that also is struggling with acorns. I do know the next couple weeks farmers will be plowing down fields cause everything is drying up. As of hunting the public big hard woods I'll be playing the thickets and swamps this year for the rut most likely. The private land I go to when theirs to much pressure on public (my peaceful place) is hard to access without a strong north wind so I'm extra caution cause there are some booners in that area and are very clever when you walk in their house even through the back door! These 2 I shot last year with a bow the oldest one at 6 1/2 was shot multiple times and I found someones arrow and broadhead still in him as I was cutting the back straps out (tough buck nonevery the least)....

17-Sep-18

18-Sep-18
Things are looking good in my part of Illinois (Richland Co.) White oaks looking good and lots of persimmon, ripe and falling. The all natural "deer candy" seems to be well stocked! Tom

18-Sep-18
Same in North Central Illiois. When I can stand near a white oak and have atleast 7 or 8 acorns under a single boot I consider that a damn good year! Only concern was that several sloughs and a pond were dried up. Would be nice to get some more rain and cooler weather before 10/1 but can't have it all. Should be a good early season from what we've scouted. Good luck and shoot straight #-------->

19-Sep-18

Deebz's embedded Photo
Season was still open, but look at that temp!
Deebz's embedded Photo
Hey Woods! I've seen several young oaks grow up on my hunting property over the last 10 years or so...this year is the first I've noticed that there are several that are loaded. Heard they were taking out the beans around my spot just today....looking forward to season. Just pulled some cards from over the winter. Hoping this guy is still hanging around...

19-Sep-18

Deebz's embedded Photo
Deebz's embedded Photo
Hey Woods! I've seen several young oaks grow up on my hunting property over the last 10 years or so...this year is the first I've noticed that there are several that are loaded. Heard they were taking out the beans around my spot just today....looking forward to season. Just pulled some cards from over the winter. Hoping this guy is still hanging around...

09-Oct-18
Well good luck to you! Let us know if you get him.

10-Oct-18
Less acorns the better deer have to move more to eat.

• Sitka Gear