Mathews Inc.
Is Cabelas the new Dicks soprting goods?
Connecticut
Contributors to this thread:
tompolaris 17-Sep-18
jdrdeerslayer 17-Sep-18
Richm444 17-Sep-18
Blatch 17-Sep-18
Rackem 18-Sep-18
tompolaris 18-Sep-18
Richm444 18-Sep-18
Will 18-Sep-18
>>---CTCrow---> 18-Sep-18
Bulldozer 18-Sep-18
bigbuckbob 18-Sep-18
Will 18-Sep-18
Garbanzo 18-Sep-18
tompolaris 18-Sep-18
17-Sep-18
Anybody with any real knowledge of what's going on please pipe in. I was told the C E O of Bass Pro doesn't care for assault rifles and hand guns and has put a minimum age of 21 to buy AR's and has put trigger locks on ALL handguns ( don't know about rifles)and you aren't allowed to try the trigger unless you buy it first. A friend was in E. Hartford yesterday and said all the hand guns had the trigger locks ,and all the salesmen are upset about it. If this is true I might as well support Dicks for ammo and other stuff that's cheaper.

17-Sep-18
i hope not....i dont buy a dam thing from dicks any more.....last i knew cabelas supports the NRA

17-Sep-18
Boycott Dicks they are enemies of the Constitution - their response to Parkland was political erroneous and irresponsible- I have studied gun crime data fairly extensively and I was assigned by the military to document the manufacturing process at Colt when the military was buying 800 M4s a day- I know the bs demagoguery when I see it and Dicks is guilty

17-Sep-18
Also, what's up with closing the Bargain Cave in the East Hartford store, which will now be use for Home and Cabin space? Closed the Bargain Cave in the ME store too.

18-Sep-18
I saw that too yesterday Blatch. It looked like there was less hunting clothing too.

18-Sep-18
They are turning into a L L Beans clothing store it seems. I'm not convinced i'll support them either.

18-Sep-18
their stock rocketed from Obama gun sales but then again I guess some execs dont care about shareholders

18-Sep-18
I'm curious if it's regional... I cant recall at the MA store... But up here guns are supposed to be trigger locked all the time as I understand it, unless "under your direct control" or some similar language. Makes me wonder if it's just a legal issue in "our" (North Eastern) neck of the woods?

18-Sep-18
I think this might have something to do with it.

Police: Man shot himself inside Olathe Bass Pro Shop

August 01, 2018 11:22 AM

A man shot himself inside the Olathe Bass Pro Shop Tuesday, police say.

The shooting occurred around 7:30 p.m. at the location at 12051 Bass Pro Drive near North Kansas City Road and Renner Road.

Bass Pro Shops is a retail chain based out of Springfield, Mo. that sells a selection of hunting and camping items, including firearms.

Police are investigating the shooting.

18-Sep-18
Just my two cents but...... Cabelas /Bass pro just like Home depot or Lowes used to employ tradesmen(and women) that could be helpful , now a bunch of dumb-asses who can't help and usually don't want to.

18-Sep-18
Bulldozer - I just got a part time job at Lowes in Southington and I was also surprised to find that there are definitely former electricians, plumbers, builders, etc there. I worked in Stanley Hardware Div for 28 years and in the tape rule plant for 17, and I'm in the Hardware aisle. You need to ask for the "Pro" associate to get good advice.

18-Sep-18
Bob, c'mon, walmart needs greeters bud... :)

Ok, ok, probably to much. It just seemed a perfect set up! Did you take the gig for fun? I'm serious, when my mom retired 15~ years ago (2nd grade teacher) she worked as a grader for "teacher certification exams" for may 6-7 years. It was seasonal and part time, but she really liked it. hard to just "shut it down" after decades of working.

18-Sep-18
Suggest you go to a shop that specializes such as Sportsman Outpost in Wolcott. Smaller shops will give you the customer service you can't get at the big chains

18-Sep-18
It's one thing to trigger guard the handguns , and another to let a potential buyer try it out!

• Sitka Gear