Contributors to this thread:
Turk 18-Sep-18
t-roy 18-Sep-18
jjs 20-Sep-18
Turk 23-Sep-18
NEIAbowhunter 23-Sep-18
4nolz@work 25-Sep-18
18-Sep-18
Heading to Iowa in November. I may bring a bird dog with me for some bird hunting if I am successful with my deer hunt. Any recommendations of any reliable kennels preferably south of DesMoines?

18-Sep-18
I’m north of Des Moines, so I can’t help you much, but you might contact the Chambers of Commerce in Knoxville, Osceola, Indianola, or, possibly the closest bigger town near where you’re deer hunting.

20-Sep-18
Are there any pheasants left in Iowa? Amazing how Iowa was once the top pheasant spot to hunt and went the way of the buffalo, sad. All the areas I use to hunt are gone, no habitat, a good friend told me that if it wasn't for the turkey there wouldn't be any birds to hunt. Spent many years chasing pheasants, grouse, bobwhites and woodcock along with the deer bow, was a unbelievable time but ethanol is king that took over upland game.

23-Sep-18
Thanks t-roy. jjs, ive not hunted pheasants in Iowa for years. I just figure that since im going to be there anyways and i have a good dog i might as well give it a try.

23-Sep-18
Pheasants are on the rebound up here in the northeast. Keep seeing more and more. I haven't hunted pheasants for 5 years now because there was really no point. But it's getting close to time again! Can't tell ya about the rest of the state. You wouldn't believe how many are starting to plant CRP up here. Big increases in pheasant cover last few years.

25-Sep-18
Numbers WAY down in last 10 years,quail seem to be rebounding.Ask your host or outfitter. a local Vet might be able to board it.

• Sitka Gear