Bubbag 22-Sep-18
soapdish 22-Sep-18
Chasinwhitetail 23-Sep-18
King Cobra 24-Sep-18
Gman 02-Oct-18
spike78 03-Oct-18
101stRecon 15-Oct-18
20-Sep-18
I'm 26 and new to hunting and looking for a partner. Show me some techniques I went out a couple times this year and last by myself. With no luck

20-Sep-18
My schedule is to crazy to be able to offer help this year. But if you have only been out a couple times the last few years... Dont get discouraged. It can take many seasons to get your first deer, and the folks who get them regularly have generally put in a lot of time to figure it out. So yes, seeking a mentor is GREAT and would help - hopefully it works. But do not get discouraged... Keep focused on the long term. Get more and more experiences in the field and you will gain knowledge which will lead to bringing home deer.

Until then, every hunt is still a success - you learn, and you get to enjoy the great outdoors.

It's a massive win :)

20-Sep-18
What part of the state are you located?

20-Sep-18
Enfield ct. I dont mind driving. 45 to an hour for the good spot.

20-Sep-18
Are you looking for a partner or for someone to show you a good spot with 45 minutes to an hour from Enfield?

20-Sep-18
Steve Jarmoc of Jarmoc Farms on Broadbrook Rd will give you permission to hunt his farms/land.

20-Sep-18
Both

20-Sep-18
More a partner. Cause I'm by self now

20-Sep-18
Archery hunting is more of a solo act. Much different than firearms

20-Sep-18
I'm not exactly an expert. I'm also new to this, but I've read a bit and learned a lot last season going into this season. I'm up to learn together if you want. I'm out of Groton, but I've been going to public hunting lands since I don't know property owners with space to hunt and don't really want to become a door to door permission salesman. Later in the season I'll hunt family property in Southern NJ where I took my first doe last year.

20-Sep-18
Ya that sounds cool. If you want pm me your info and we could set a day to meet up

20-Sep-18
Nice! Traditional, if your hunting like your profile name have patience. Its not easy with a stick bow, it took me 3 years to get a deer and same for a turkey with my recurve. Once you get it done though it gets easier. Good luck to you.

21-Sep-18
Time was, 7 years to get your first with a bow was the average.

AVERAGE.

So don't get discouraged, and don't talk yourself into a hail-mary when you know better.

What are you shooting??

22-Sep-18
I am going on year 4... with no deer yet... I'm getting much better at finding where they are by looking at map features... that's where I start then I get in the area and scout the crap out of it... I have spent a ton of time scouting this year.... way more then in years past.. I took the advice from friends who are successful hunters... spend as much time in the woods as possible... books can only tell you so much...

22-Sep-18
More time should be spent scouting than actually hunting. Unfortunately it takes a lot of time and fuel.

23-Sep-18
Careful with scouting too much, you will educate the deer that you are in the area. I made that mistake more than once. Scout an area till you find an area with tracks, droppings, scrapes or rubs and then, if you can, put up a trail camera to scout for you. Then check it maybe once or twice and if the deer are still coming hunt that spot. Always use good scent control when you are scouting cause if they smell you they are gone and too much scouting of one spot can ruin it. Scout hard to find good deer sign then setup a cam and see what you get and scout different areas while you wait to see what comes up on cam.

24-Sep-18
Traditional... I'd be willing to....help out a newbie...I'm from Stafford...mostly can only hunt on weekends. I stick to state lands .Know the north eastern side of this state like the back of my hand. Give me a call to talk about (860)707-4592.Give a text first to ….if I don't know Ph # I don't answer... The bus leaves at about 4:15 am every Sat

02-Oct-18
Traditional- I live in Ellington so not to far away. Been hunting for 30+ years but just started bow hunting last year. If you are still looking for someone to talk shop with let me know.

03-Oct-18
Best advice I can give you is when the season is over go out after a snowfall to your spot and take note of tracks beds and in my opinion most importantly how the deer are using the terrain they are on. In other words where a lot of tracks intersect and funnel through then remember that spot for next season. I know it doesn’t help you now but the time spent in the snow will be good for you next season.

15-Oct-18
It takes time, don't get discouraged. I luckily took a buck and a doe my first year, but I was lucky enough to have been trained by the army on scouting and recon. Although the army trained me how to be stealthy and to track, I still had a learning curve when I began hunting. My biggest tip would be scent control. Once I got my scent control down I started seeing plenty of deer. Last year I had a doe come 10 yards from me while I was laying in one man fighting hole I created. The doe never smelt me and hung around for a few minutes before wondering off.

Don't scout too much, you will bump deer that way. I don't care if uncle Sam trains you or you spend 20 years hanging out in the woods. Nothing you do will ever top the senses of a deer. If you keep going in the woods you will push deer and you'll never even see them.

PM me if you have any questions

• Sitka Gear