Maryland
Contributors to this thread:
JoeBow 21-Sep-18
Bogie 24-Sep-18
JRC 27-Sep-18
21-Sep-18
Has anyone hunted Hopkins farm?

24-Sep-18
a few years ago, very satisfied with the place. My Lab Lucy found 5 more pheasants than we paid for and extra 4 chuckers. It was a cold dreary day but she found a lot of extra birds.

27-Sep-18
If your asking about deer hunting, I archery hunted there 12 years ago. A friend asked me to go along and try it. It was not what I was hoping for. I did see a few deer each day. There were quality deer on their property. You are asked to use there stand locations and stay put. I was OK with that, but the stands I was put in were very "open". I felt like I was not going to be able to draw my bow without being spotted. When I asked which way to expect the deer to come from, I was told that they could come from anywhere. I was hoping to see a map or something and get some information on which direction bedding area were and why certain stand locations were chosen. When I asked these questions, the guy just showed me a room with mounted deer heads and said "These all came from our farms. When you hunt here , you have a chance to get one like these." I think I was expecting them to have knowledge of the deer patterns. I felt like they just hung stands were you could see 80 - 100 yards and hoped deer walked past them. There business was not deer hunting. In 30 years of hunting, It was the only time I ever went on a pay to hunt, hunting trip. That was a long time ago. It could be different now.

• Sitka Gear