GED 23-Sep-18
Wild Bill 23-Sep-18
Notme 24-Sep-18
FULL DRAW 24-Sep-18
Wild Bill 24-Sep-18
Will 24-Sep-18
Will 24-Sep-18
23-Sep-18
Many times. If you are going to setup a ground blind you need to let it sit for a week or two so the deer can get use to it before you hunt out of it. They will initially avoid it because it is something new in their area.

23-Sep-18
Don't forget to somewhat brush it in so it blends in more..wear black while you're in there so you don't silhouette yourself

23-Sep-18
Very frustrating hearing that noise. At lest you know there are deer there! Deer see best in low light conditions. You were walking in right when their vision is at its best. Try getting up earlier so you are set up at least an hour before sunrise (half hour before shooting light). If you bump them in the total darkness they may be a bit less freaked out and they then have a chance to settle down a bit. Or if you are hunting near a feeding area you might be better off waiting until afternoon to hunt. Watch the wind and plan your way in and out so you minimize detection. It might not be the most direct path. Like Notme said, wear black in the blind and don't open all of the windows or they will spot movement inside.

23-Sep-18
I have set up grounds blinds and killed deer the following day 3 years in a row. (Gun deer all at bow range)

23-Sep-18
Yes! And I never did get her, but she was always on the look out for me.

Notme, I differ in opinion with you on wearing black, it is like a flag in the woods. IMHO, OD green is the best year round color.

24-Sep-18
I meant black for inside the blind.

24-Sep-18
RAWDOG, Maybe that stand is not a morning stand? If you have to walk thru your hay field at nite to get there with no other access and there's deer in the hay field at nite your going to bust them out. This probably not the first time you busted them going in, but maybe the first time you heard them bust you?

24-Sep-18
Notme, I got that. I believe the darkness inside a blind is not absolutely black, and if deer spot you, in black, making your way to the blind, you can count on that deer having a piqued curiosity = BUSTED!

24-Sep-18
Nothing worse than an educated doe... Well, for hunters. I'm sure the deer love it :)

Hope you can remove her intelligence from the herd!

24-Sep-18
Nothing worse than an educated doe... Well, for hunters. I'm sure the deer love it :)

Hope you can remove her intelligence from the herd!

• Sitka Gear