Bowboy 06-Oct-18
26-Sep-18

wyelkhunter's embedded Photo
My son and I
My son and I
I am very fortunate to have drawn a good Wyoming archery tag after seven years. I was even more blessed to get many days with my son. I taught him how to bugle this year so he could be my caller. He called in several young 5and 6 points early in the month that I opted to pass. Last weekend we had a great finish to our season as he had a bull running to us from 800 yards away. We had to run off the ridge to set up. He was below me calling the bull to the saddle on the ridge. When the bull was looking down at him, he was 15 yards from me broadside. One well placed shot and our bull was down in seconds after going less than 100 yards. Memories like this will last forever and I smile every time I think about our time together.

27-Sep-18
Congrats!!! I cherish every time I get to spend time with my son (not near enough) I'm sure you two will talk about this season for the rest of your years!!!

27-Sep-18
Congrats! Bowhunting elk is always special, but even more so with your son! I was blessed with your kind of experience 2 out of 3 years with my son, only in reverse...he shot the bulls while I called. Either way, these are memories none of us will ever forget! Nice bull!

04-Oct-18
Congrats! Good times when you get to hunt with your kiddo! I am looking forward to getting out with my daughters!

06-Oct-18
Congrats great bull and good memories.

• Sitka Gear