leftee 29-Sep-18
tk 29-Sep-18
DR 30-Sep-18
SD BuckBuster 04-Oct-18
Big-Al 30-Oct-18
28-Sep-18

grizzly's embedded Photo
grizzly's embedded Photo
So I was thinking to myself at work this afternoon. Man, its cool enough out to make a guy start thinking about hunting again. Shoot, I've got a tag. I think I will go after work. I was off work by 4 and gathering needed items up and away I went. By 5 PM I was sitting in my rocket ship ground blind. My dad likes to tease about that. Around 5:37 a doe presented herself and followed my scent trail right to the front of my blind. She then turned and started moving downwind to nail me. When her head went out of view I pulled the bow back and let her have it at about 7 yards. !959 Bear Grizzly 40 lb. 175 grain Ace Super Express on a Goldtip 500 with 100 grain brass inserts. SLow arrow, big head, lots of weight up front. As she turned to run straight away from me I could see the arrow had passed through her near shoulder and was sticking out both sides of her body. I gave her fifteen minutes but was pretty sure was dead on her feet. She made it about 50 yds. It is a nice cool night and she should cool sufficiently. I plan to skin her bright and early and get her cut up and into the freezer for later use as jerky or canning. I will eat some fresh tenderloin tomorrow night for supper. To take a deer on the first set of the year using traditional equipment just tickles me. Really gets the adrenaline flowing.

28-Sep-18

grizzly's embedded Photo
the rocket ship blind. Actually a wind charger nose cone I got for free. I'm cheap, ill admit it.
grizzly's embedded Photo
the rocket ship blind. Actually a wind charger nose cone I got for free. I'm cheap, ill admit it.

29-Sep-18
Sweet deer and blind!Congrats!

29-Sep-18
Congrats. good results for your first night out.

30-Sep-18
Awesome, congratulations Grizzly!

04-Oct-18
Nice!!

30-Oct-18
Very cool! great job

• Sitka Gear