horsethief51 04-Oct-18
hawk-eye 05-Oct-18
DanWesson357 05-Oct-18
PAbowhunter1064 06-Oct-18
bowkevin 06-Oct-18
Jeff Durnell 06-Oct-18
Gonzo 15-Oct-18
28-Sep-18
These threads have been goin on for twenty years. This year has me excited more about how I hunt as opposed to what I kill. Not goin out for a week or two at least. Good luck be safe please!

So let us know whats goin on, your location time etc. What did you see?

29-Sep-18
Heading out with my climber this morning to my opening day traditional first day spot. Perfect WNW breeze. Have killed more deer from the spot I'm going to hunt this morning that all other places I have hunted combine.

29-Sep-18
Good luck everyone and be safe, I'm working so my opener is monday.

29-Sep-18
Beautiful morning here in Clarion county. 2 porcupines were creating havoc in the tree behind me. Saw a big doe at 50 yards from a new spot. The deer have trails all around the tree. Stayed until 10, got stuff to catch up on. Kathy will be going out with me this afternoon.

29-Sep-18

DanWesson357's embedded Photo
DanWesson357's embedded Photo
Prior to first light had some moon and some fog, had a smaller owl land about 10 ft from my face. By far my favorite birds, so that was cool. At sunrise, had a ground hog at 10 yards and was trying to switch out to a buggered up old broadhead arrow for just such a job and the hog caught my movement and lived to tell the tail. At 8:30 had a long nose doe come it with a button buck in tow. Made a 25 yard quartering away heart shot that shattered the far side leg bone. She slammed into a tree and died 10 yards from where she was arrowed. 20 minutes later a larger long nose doe with two smaller fawns came in and she is now the adopted mother of the button buck.

29-Sep-18

Justgrad25's embedded Photo
Justgrad25's embedded Photo
First sit of the year. Forgot to set my alarm this am so, the evening it is. Nothing but squirrels and skeeters keeping me company so far. Man is it thick....

29-Sep-18
Evening sneak behind the house: 11 deer including a 6pt. Off to a great start!

29-Sep-18
2 does and a button buck this morning no doe tag for 1a. Hunted 2a in afternoon saw 5 bucks biggest a basket 8. 3 doe tags for 2a didn’t see a single doe. Great way to start a new season

29-Sep-18

Bowbender's embedded Photo
Hoyt Hyperforce got bloodied today!!
Bowbender's embedded Photo
Hoyt Hyperforce got bloodied today!!
Saw real nice 8 point this morning. This evening my son and are were about 60 yards apart. He had several does around him, I had three come by. One stayed behind. A most wonderful first day!

29-Sep-18
Saw 12 deer this afternoon. Does all over the place. Two nice bucks at distance were shooters. Six point walked right next to my stand and stopped. It got very quiet as the wind stopped right before sunset. Felt like late October today.

30-Sep-18

Yodameister's embedded Photo
Yodameister's embedded Photo
Saw 7 does and one small buck from my climber Saturday morning.

Evening sit in my ground blind with my son Hayden.

Saw a spotted fawn and had a big doe staring at my blind from 15 yards so it took the frontal shot. She only went 65 yards.

30-Sep-18
Passed on a Doe with a Button Buck in tow. I didn't want to break up the happy family. I must be getting soft in my old age. That was in the morning, the evening was uneventful.

30-Sep-18
Seen quite a few does, grandson missed one. And beautiful day on top of that.

01-Oct-18
Hunted about six times so far this year. Our farm is in 5C. Passed on a really nice seven pointer and several small bucks so far.. The seven was tempting but he needs another year. Also my trail cam says to hold out because there are way bigger buck in the area. Headed out to my property in 3D for an evening hunt. I see lots of doe there so there may be some bloodshed this afternoon. Good luck everyone.

01-Oct-18
I went out Saturday afternoon on my property. The only thing I saw was a cat and some squirrels.

01-Oct-18
Good job folks!

I went out Sat Eve and did not see a deer

02-Oct-18
I seen verly little deer this season, but I did see a mosquito carrying a small infant away.

02-Oct-18
Not hunting, per se, but on my way back from my sons soccer practice last night, we did a little detour to look for deer. On our little 3 mile tour, we saw over 30 deer. Many were doe/fawns close to the road munching on acorns that my son enjoyed "talking to" and then, snort wheezing at and making them bounce off....

02-Oct-18

huntinelk's embedded Photo
huntinelk's embedded Photo
Unit 3A this evening

03-Oct-18
Congrats- that looks like a nice one, Gene!

03-Oct-18

Mitch's embedded Photo
Mitch's embedded Photo
Mitch's embedded Photo
Mitch's embedded Photo
On my way home from Wyoming. This is the first opening day of archery I missed in forever, at least it was for a good reason :)

Hoping to be in a stand Friday, maybe my luck will continue. Congratulations to all who scored.

03-Oct-18
Congrats, Mitch..

03-Oct-18

Blessed Bowhunter's embedded Photo
Blessed Bowhunter's embedded Photo
My 15 year old daughter killed a dandy buck on the first morning.

03-Oct-18
that is awesome!!!!

04-Oct-18

Lazer2's embedded Photo
Lazer2's embedded Photo
My youngest son’s first deer hunt on opening day. Bolt hit a twig and deflected a bit and hit the buck just above the tarsal gland. Watching the video over and over and the twig in front of the blind deflected the bolt, but luckily the large cutting broadheads caught the artery and the buck expired pretty quick. We still backed out for a few hours even tho the amount of blood that we could see I didn’t want to mess this up. He was full of questions and concerns about his first deer hunt. He learned a lesson and seems to be humbled by his first bow hunting adventure.

04-Oct-18
Seeing youth hunt is the absolute best. Congrats to the young Hunter.

04-Oct-18

Feedjake's embedded Photo
First deer with VPA broadheads. Very impressed. Went through the flat of the shoulder blade and stuck in the ground. Resharpened it and back in the quiver for the next one.
First deer with VPA broadheads. Very impressed. Went through the flat of the shoulder blade and stuck in the ground. Resharpened it and back in the quiver for the next one.
My brothers doe. That’s me with Axel.
My brothers doe. That’s me with Axel.
I was hunting a new spot Saturday morning. Must have scouted it right because I shot this longnose at 15 yds right at first light. My brother also shot a doe so I got my tracking-dog-in-training on his first real track. The deer only went 75 yds so it was pretty easy but I was pretty pleased for his first time on a real deer. His name is Axel and he’s a 5 month old Black Mouth Cur out of Georgia.

04-Oct-18
Congrats Mitch- you DO have a good excuse! ;-)

Congrats to the "youngin's" and Jacob!(and Axel ;-)

04-Oct-18
Nice folks! What could be more natural than a Cur dog running that trail?!

04-Oct-18
He's only 5 months old but you can definitely see he was born with it in him. He's the first dog I've ever trained to do anything practical and I'm having a great time!

04-Oct-18
Way to go everyone, especially Axel.

04-Oct-18
Been in the woods and seeing deer almost everyday. Took off for Kathy's birthday on Tuesday. Made her breakfast and took to Red Lobster fot dinner. Rained today. Getting camp ready for another 2D trad bow hunt.

04-Oct-18
Been in the woods and seeing deer almost everyday. Took off for Kathy's birthday on Tuesday. Made her breakfast and took to Red Lobster fot dinner. Rained today. Getting camp ready for another 2D trad bow hunt.

05-Oct-18
haven't been out yet, we're on a trip but I'm looking forward to getting in the woods.

05-Oct-18
Slow evening. One small doe at 60 Yards. Tell us more about that Cur Dog.

06-Oct-18
Congratulations to all....especially the young bucks and does getting these deer! Way to go!

In the stand now for the morning hunt. Been seeing lotsa deer, and even a little "rut like" activity!! Good luck folks, and be safe!!

06-Oct-18
First time out last night. Saw 2 young bucks and had 4 does coming at 10 yards perfect recurve shot but I got caught trying to draw

06-Oct-18
Still shrooming.... waiting for squirrel season and vacation.

15-Oct-18
Congrats to all the successful hunters!

• Sitka Gear