Cp550022 01-Feb-19
vjthao 06-Mar-19
DeerDan 06-Mar-19
vjthao 06-Mar-19
Brian M. 08-Mar-19
30-Sep-18

DeerDan 's embedded Photo
I'm probably the only RI Bowsite member but anyway. I shot a small buck last week in my zone 1 spot and have been seeing plenty of deer. Looking foward to zone 2 opener. Went out this morning and saw a few deer but had a coyote come close enough for a shot.

01-Oct-18

dean j's embedded Photo
dean j's embedded Photo
Nice shooting Dan! I know how hard it is take a coyote with your bow! I shot this nice doe yesterday at 7 o'clock.The shot was high and I spied her,dont know if I shot high or she jumped the string, maybe a combination of both.Either way I'm happy she dropped!

01-Oct-18
Congrats guys, that coyote looks blonde! I've only ever seen one that color, did you do anything with the skin, or was it pretty bad because of how early it is? I was lucky enough to take two small bucks Sunday September 23rd. One was a fork the other a spike. I had mixed emotions about it, but its nice to have them processed and in the freezer this early. I'm hoping to take both of my zone 2 does in providence water. I'd be thrilled if I could pull it off with the bow. Good luck the rest of the season guys!

02-Oct-18
Thanks guys! That's a good size doe Dean nice job!

Chris the coyote was a nice rusty color and I didn't even think of having the hide done but I think I'm gonna go back for head and make a euro mount.

And I've filled buck tags early before and will tell you your about to see some Giant bucks now! Lol Ive had to let some real nice ones go in years past. I will shoot the first meaty buck I see and save the last tag for something better.

Good luck everybody!

02-Oct-18

VanInVTown's embedded Photo
VanInVTown's embedded Photo
Took this nice doe on the 19th.

02-Oct-18
Congrats Lloyd!

05-Oct-18
Hi everyone!

I’ve been trying to get into hunting for quite sometime now but always seem to have no luck. I don’t have much experience hunting, and am not too familiar with which management areas are better than others. I live in zone 1 and usually go to black hut, but do public lands in RI get a lot of pressure?

Thanks! Steve

09-Oct-18

Sat on the ground at a new spot lastnight and had a button come in close to check me out.

13-Oct-18
Cool to see up close

20-Oct-18
Shot a decent 7 pointer in Killingly yesterday afternoon. Strange rack and very heavy. Gotta be over 170lb.

20-Oct-18
Nice buck Dan, looks like a brute. Way to go!

22-Oct-18
Congrats Dan.

22-Oct-18
Nice job. That's a NO-Neck deer! Wow

28-Oct-18

Took a nice size doe tonight in Scituate. She gave an easy 15 yard broadside shot and ran about 50 yds dropped in sight.

28-Oct-18
Nice work Sir

30-Oct-18
Thanks Qdiver911!

30-Oct-18
Dan do you, or have you hunted providence water? Nice shot on the Doe!

31-Oct-18
Thanks CP! No I've never hunted PW I have a handful of private properties in RI and CT.

Good luck to all going out for muzzleloader opener this weekend! Stay safe!

05-Nov-18
Getting ready to get out now that it's colder....has anyone seen signs of the rut beginning yet?

05-Nov-18
Starting to find fresh scrapes. Good luck Red.

06-Nov-18
Thanks Dan....muzzleloader and shotgun season kind of scare me....too many bush shooters around.

07-Nov-18

dean j's embedded Photo
dean j's embedded Photo
Shot this spike Sunday night while listening to a leaf blower for a couple of hours.It was almost sunset when he came running in.He stopped under a beech tree that was full of leaves,giving me time to get my bow ready.Walked in front of me at 10 yards and I double lunged him.Had just enough time to track,gut,drag and take him to Arcadia.

07-Nov-18
Congrats Dean!

08-Nov-18

Cp550022's embedded Photo
Nice shot Dean. That will be an excellent eating deer. Jocelyn shot her first big buck this morning with her muzzleloader. The buck was following a doe. The shot was about 50 yards and she hit both lungs and took the top of the heart off. The deer made it about 50 yards before piling up in a blow down. In the last week we've seen deer movement and scraping really start to pick up. I watched a buck chase a doe evening night. Good luck to everyone! Hope to see more pictures! Chris

08-Nov-18

Here is a picture of the buck as we found him in the blow down. Live weight was 185, dressed was 150. She will have a euro mount done with the head.

09-Nov-18
Congratulations to both of you! That's a good first buck.

09-Nov-18
Congrats Jocelyn!Those tarcels look pretty dark was he stinky?

10-Nov-18
Jocelyn says thanks for the kind words. The buck sure did stink! good luck everyone.

12-Nov-18

Had deer all around me this morning but waiting for the right one.

12-Nov-18

12-Nov-18

12-Nov-18
Nice pictures, I was out all day, saw one doe. It was a beautiful day to be out though.

17-Nov-18

Today was the best day I've ever had in the woods without shooting a deer. I did miss a beauty of buck this morning. And in the afternoon saw my first real buck fight and got on video. Had a 7 pointer and spike chasing a doe all around me but waiting for a good one.

17-Nov-18

22-Nov-18

dean j's embedded Photo
dean j's embedded Photo
Got this doe this morning in the cold and wind.At 9 o'clock she came straight in and gave me a 15 yard shot.The arrow was a little high but a devastating shot, she only ran 40 yards.I stayed in the stand for 15 mins but nothing following.By the time I got her cleaned and dragged I was sweating and my hand were frozen!Time for some turkey and football! Happy Thanksgiving

22-Nov-18
You are a brave soul, it sure was cold and windy. Congrats on the nice doe. I walked around with the dog and shot some pheasants. Happy Thanksgiving

23-Nov-18
Congratulations Dean! It was brutal out in the morning and sat till my feet disappeared. I had a pack of 4 coyote come by at first light and managed to get a bolt though one of them. 730 I saw a single deer walking a ridge so I hit the can call and it ran right to me but turned out to be a big spike. At 930 2 does came in one of which I saw bucks chasing last Friday but now no followers. Went back out in the afternoon but saw nothing.

05-Dec-18

09-Dec-18

Had a bunch of does come by around 830 this morning and took the oldest of the group.

09-Dec-18
Hi guys, congrats on the deer. Just wondering if those deer are from public or private and if you guys think public is worth the ride from MA? I hunted there years ago and wondering what the herd is like today? Thanks

11-Dec-18

Red Godin 's embedded Photo
Got out a few times in the last week for some afternoon sits but there was too much noise from homeowners nearby. I decided to get out at 4am in the tree by 5 and put a bolt through this 9 pointer by 7am. Got him on a quartering shot on the right side through the heart. I didn't weigh him but I'm guessing 200lbs live weight and the drag is soooo much easier with the sled. I started using it 2 years ago and it sure beats the Deer carrier and the strap....also it doesn't beat the deer up over the logs and rocks. It's handy to drag the pack, heavy coat, (climber if you use it) and bow to the stand. BTW Spike this was private land.

12-Dec-18
While gutting, skinning and quartering my buck for 4 or 5 days in the fridge one of his antlers became dislodged. I always do my own Euro Mount for my bucks and was wondering if anyone knows of a glue that I can reaffix this antler with?

12-Dec-18
That's a beautiful buck Red congratulations! You should be able to epoxy that back on.

13-Dec-18
Wow, Nice Job Red, absolutely beautiful deer. Congrats!

15-Dec-18
Beauty congrats!

17-Dec-18
Nice deer Red! I love his brow tines!

18-Dec-18

Just finished with the Euro mount this morning. I like to suspend mine for the 3D view in my Mancave. He's hanging with his brothers at the bar now.

18-Dec-18
He must have been one tough buck when he was alive because even his back straps where too tough to chew without a lot of effort. I need to get a doe now for some steaks and roasts...this guy is only good for Sausage, Burger and Jerky....63 pounds of it. Hoping to get Dans recipe for summer sausage. (Blatant hint)

06-Jan-19

Back in the tree this morning and had a herd of does walk by, i was able to get a shot at the last in the group. She ran about 70 yards but awesome blood trail.

Still a few weeks left good luck if your going.

06-Jan-19

08-Jan-19
Congrats Dan.....I'm going to see about filling my Doe tag this week.....Got plenty of ground meat but need steaks and roasts. This is my favorite time to hunt...especially after a nice snowfall. Good luck to all of you.

29-Jan-19

DeerDan's embedded Photo
DeerDan's embedded Photo
I'm still at it and while out this morning I saw a coyote and was able to squeak him in close enough for a shot. My third dog this year and I've seen a bunch.

01-Feb-19
Nice Work on all the Yotes! I only saw one this year, This was by far the lowest number of yotes I've ever seen. Did your coyotes come from rhode island or ct?

06-Mar-19

vjthao's embedded Photo
vjthao's embedded Photo
Hey everyone! I know I’m a little late as I just joined this site. Harvested this fork horn on public land 10/28/2018.

06-Mar-19
Congratulations VJ! And welcome aboard, we may be up to a handful of members now.

06-Mar-19
Thanks DeerDan! I also want to thank the gentleman that stopped by that morning and helped me load the deer onto my truck bed. I never got your name but if you’re on here, thank you!

08-Mar-19
Congrats on your seasons guys. Red, that's a great buck, nice job. I'm only a mile from RI and considered hunting there in January, but took three in CT and didn't need more.

• Sitka Gear