Contributors to this thread:
rice2518 01-Oct-18
canepole 01-Oct-18
OneEye 01-Oct-18
rice2518 02-Oct-18
01-Oct-18

rice2518's embedded Photo
rice2518's embedded Photo
Im looking for some pointers on hunting this Public Land here in Cherokee PHA by Tenkiller Lake. I provided a areil view of the PHA but please refer to google earth if you need to. Any kinda of pointers on where you might think the deer are bedding down or traveling in and out of for food, water ect would be great. Trying to find a place to set up a ground blind.

01-Oct-18
rice, where ever the white oaks and/or persimmons are falling is where the deer will most likely be. This time of year, early morning then late afternoon and into the evening you should be seeing deer. I'm guessing the map is facing north so the Zeb Entrance (normally south winds in Oct.) and then along the drainage is where I would be hanging my stand. Looks like lots of cover there. Good luck and post your pics for us to see, Gene.

01-Oct-18
I would get somewhere that I can see a lot of area and watch it until I spot a young buck. Then I'd wait until it was gone for 10 minutes and then go track it. It will be guaranteed to lead you to exactly where you need to be hunting. Even better if you can follow it stalking and keep it in sight.

02-Oct-18
I had a buddy tell me to hunt the Oxbow in the creek. There is a pretty good oxbow southeast on that map almost into the GMA area. What you guys think about that??

• Sitka Gear