Dusktildawn 17-Oct-18
Dusktildawn 24-Oct-18
Sandman20 25-Oct-18
Zim 25-Oct-18
Dusktildawn 25-Oct-18
Sandman20 25-Oct-18
Dusktildawn 27-Oct-18
02-Oct-18
Has anyone been seeing deer moving during legal hours. If so, near agg. fields or in woods? Best of luck hope weather makes a change for the better soon.

02-Oct-18
My cameras show every deer is moving more at night, very few have been day pictures and mainly does and fawns for those ones. This is woods don't know about ag fields. I'll wait til the weather breaks next week before I attempt to hunt. Too hot right now for this guy!

07-Oct-18
Hit a White Oak thicket all day yesterday where deer have been feeding heavily last 2 weeks. Unfortunately zero movement yesterday. Not sure if it's the warm weather and rain but I did see several new rubs. Buddy has been out on private farm hunting picked corn and only movement has been last hour. All does no bucks. May try agg fields tonight but can't wait for a nice cold snap. Good luck and be safe!

08-Oct-18
Hunted Saturday morning and afternoon on edge of bean field and hardwood thicket. Seen 8 different bucks all in the middle of bean fields bedded up. Had a shooter stand up at 8:00am at 87 yards and bed back down until 10:00am where he hit the thicket.

09-Oct-18
I hunted opening weekend and saw very few deer moving. Corn and beans had not been taken down and the temperature was around 85 degrees. Only saw one shooter buck that was moving around 8:15am. Unfortunately too much brush was blocking my shot.

09-Oct-18
I hunted opening weekend and saw very few deer moving. Corn and beans had not been taken down and the temperature was around 85 degrees. Only saw one shooter buck that was moving around 8:15am. Unfortunately too much brush was blocking my shot.

09-Oct-18

09-Oct-18
Trim better shooting lanes

09-Oct-18

09-Oct-18

17-Oct-18
Haven’t been out since opening weekend. Anyone seeing any bucks with this cold snap? I have the 25-28th off to hunt

17-Oct-18
Was out this afternoon and saw 8 does zero bucks.

24-Oct-18
Set ip next to bedding area this evening. Saw a 4pt and shooter 8. Watched the 8 make several rubs and work a licking branch. Never presented me with a shot. Closest he got was 65yds. Nevertheless it was enjoyable to watch him for 30 min. Best is yet to come.

25-Oct-18
I got 4 days starting today. Wish I was out this morning beautiful day. I’ll be out starting tonight. May have to put the decoy out

25-Oct-18
I've had much more success the first week than these last three in October. Except in 2004 with the 10/17 blizzard. I suggest saving your energy and only hunting October during cold fronts.

Not a huge October fan on heavily pressured Illinois public. That's why I burned my Wyoming points for an October 15-31 mule deer hunt. The big bucks will move any October day here. Almost connected both Monday & Wednesday on mature bucks.

25-Oct-18
If I had $2000 and 15 days vacation left I would certainly entertain that thought. Unfortunately being here in Illinois I hunt whenever the s hedule allows me to be out. Not always about the kill, although I hae taken several nce deer in October on public land. I enjoy learning things every time out and discovering spots that not alot of guys are wiing to venture out to. Best of luck out West I'm sure the s enery is Awesome. Maye share some pictures with those of us back in the Midwest!

25-Oct-18
Had a good night. Say in the corn and had a doe and dawn walk within 10 yards. Also saw a nice 140 with a doe and a 3 year old. Big body small rack. And another buck chasing a doe walking out. Couldn’t tell how big he was. Starting to heat up in Carroll co

27-Oct-18

Dusktildawn's embedded Photo
Dusktildawn's embedded Photo
Was out same land as wed but moved swest 150.yds. Say 5 does and 2 bucks. Same shooter 8 as wed night and a spiker. No chasing but the 8 was definitely aware of wherr does were going. Was in stand at 5am. First doe moved after 8am nothing early. I was not near agg. fields.

• Sitka Gear