Medicinemann 05-Oct-18
BC173 05-Oct-18
BC173 05-Oct-18
dpms 08-Oct-18
Boris 14-Oct-18
DanWesson357 09-Nov-18
03-Oct-18
Hello Fellow PA BowHunters,

Trying to organize support for removal of the Prohibition to Sunday Hunting that we currently have here in the Great Commonwealth of PA. My goal is to use this thread as sort of a one stop shop, where you can get relevant info on Sunday Hunting as well as Actions that you can take to help make Sunday Hunting a reality in PA by 2020. Think of removing the Sunday Hunting Prohibition as a Marathon instead of a 100 yard dash. BUT we really do need to begin now. I will be making several posts with Info and links to help in removing this prohibition. It would be helpful if we could keep additional posts or your comments for a seperate thread. That way this thread stays easy to read, easy to gather Info and easy to take specific action. Thanks for keeping this thread free from comments if you would please.

03-Oct-18

DanWesson357's Link
HUNTERS UNITED for Sunday HUNTING (HUSH) - INFORMATION Page. Excellent resource and links for taking action.

03-Oct-18

DanWesson357's Link
The Pennsylvania Chapter of Backcountry Hunters & Anglers- Growing Organization in Full Support of Sunday Hunting in PA.

03-Oct-18

DanWesson357's Link
United BowHunters of Pennsylvania- Statement on Sunday Hunting.

03-Oct-18

DanWesson357's Link
NRA Statement on Sunday Hunting.- "Laws prohibiting hunting on Sundays are among the last of America's "blue laws," and for many reasons should be repealed."

03-Oct-18

DanWesson357's Link
NRA-ILA contact page. The NRA promotes both Gun and BOW HUNTING. PLEASE contact the NRA-ILA via this link and send them a message to get the full support of the NRA behind removing the Prohibition of Sunday Hunting in PA. You can specifically ask them to Support PA Senate Bill #1202.

03-Oct-18

DanWesson357's Link
PA- General Assembly Title 34- Section 2303- Hunting on Sunday Prohibited.---This is a link to the actual law that Prohibits Sunday Hunting.

03-Oct-18

DanWesson357's Link
Senate Bill 1202- Amendment to Title 34 which would REMOVE the Sunday Hunting Prohibition. This bill was introduced by Senator Daniel Laughlin (R), It was co-sponsored by Two Democratic Senators. This Bill has Bipartisan Support, including the Support of Gov. Tom Wolf. It is currently IN COMMITTEE in the PA Senate Fish and Game Committee. It must come out of Committee to be presented to the General Assembly for a Vote.

03-Oct-18

DanWesson357's Link
Senate Game and Fisheries Committee- This is where Senate Bill #1202 currently resides Removing the Prohibition for Sunday hunting. The list of Senators on this link must be convinced to move Bill #1202 forward and recommend the bill to the General Assembly for Consideration.

03-Oct-18

DanWesson357's Link
PA State Senator Patrick J. Stefano---He is a Republican Senator. He is the Chair of the the PA Senate Game and Fisheries Committee---He is currently the immediate obstacle or roadblock to moving the bill out of committee and before the General Assembly.

03-Oct-18

DanWesson357's Link
Easy link to Contact Patrick J. Stefano

03-Oct-18

DanWesson357's Link
Easy link to find your specific PA Senator and Representative. Please do contact them and let them know you want them to Support Senate Bill #1202 which would remove the Prohibition on Sunday Hunting.

03-Oct-18

DanWesson357's Link
Link to PA Farm Bureau Contact- They oppose Sunday Hunting. Feel Free to contact them letting them know you Support Sunday Hunting and Helping Framers Control Crop Damage. Ask them to explain why they oppose Sunday Hunting and Ask them to reconsider their position and Support Sunday hunting. They can be Contacted at PAFB, P.O. Box, 8736, Camphill, PA 17001-8736. (717) 761-2740.

03-Oct-18

DanWesson357's Link
Online Petition to Support removing the Prohibition of Sunday Hunting. Currently over 26,419 signatures goal is 35,000

03-Oct-18
Sent email to Sen. Pat Stefano. We will see.

05-Oct-18
I live five minutes from the NY/PA line. I sent an email to Stefano directly....

05-Oct-18
I received a “form letter” type of email from the Senator today, so I know he received my email about Sunday hunting. He did not mention anything regarding the Sunday hunting issue.

05-Oct-18
I received a “form letter” type of email from the Senator today, so I know he received my email about Sunday hunting. He did not mention anything regarding the Sunday hunting issue.

08-Oct-18
My Representative, Mark Mustio, is retiring. When his seat is filled in November, I plan to set up a meeting with the new Rep to discuss Sunday hunting. I talked to Valerie Gaydos on the campaign trail, the Republican running for his seat, and she is supportive of sportsmans issues. We will see if she wins.

14-Oct-18
Also, Sen. Dan Laughlin of Erie, Pa is really pushing to open Sunday hunting.

09-Nov-18
Dear Thomas:

Thank you for your message regarding Senator Laughlin’s Senate Bill 1202 that that would authorize the Game Commission to allow for hunting on Sundays. I always appreciate knowing the views of my constituents regarding legislation that I may have the opportunity to consider.

Currently, this prohibition is the only game management decision that the legislature has put into statute. This language would change that by leaving all hunting management decisions to the Game Commission.

In addition, this legislation would amend the Pennsylvania Game Code to address the offense of trespass while hunting. It would make the violation a primary offense as well as increase the penalties. By amending the Game Code, it makes the language similar to that of Agricultural Trespass in the Crimes Code, but with more suitable summary and misdemeanor penalties. Also, by making trespassing while hunting a primary offense, it will be enforceable by Wildlife Conservation Officers, as well as other law enforcement. As a strong supporter of the Pennsylvania’s hunting traditions and second amendment rights, I have listened to many constituents voice their concerns both for and against this bill. I believe a compromise is possible between both sides of this issue and as Chairman of the Game and Fisheries Committee, I have worked to find that compromise. Unfortunately, we were not able to find that compromise during this legislative session.

Due to the ending of the legislative term, this bill will have to be reintroduced next year to receive further consideration. I will review this piece of legislation carefully and take into consideration the opinions of constituents such as yourself before I make a final decision. If you have additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact my office.

Sincerely,

PAT STEFANO 32nd DISTRICT PS/bkt

P.S. I provide regular updates on legislative activity on Facebook and Twitter. Links to these resources and my email newsletter are available on my website, www.senatorstefano.com.

• Sitka Gear