JL 09-Oct-18
BIG BEAR 09-Oct-18
Alaska at heart 11-Oct-18
Jon Stewart 12-Oct-18
ground hunter 17-Oct-18
03-Oct-18
Wow, spoken like a true sportsman.

For the record. MI law states the following:

"Scaffolds, raised platforms, ladders, steps, and any other device to assist in climbing a tree cannot be placed on public lands any earlier than Sept. 1, and must be removed by March 1."

"Baiting may occur only from Sept. 15 - Jan. 1."

KPC

06-Oct-18
Happy hunting all.

09-Oct-18
Lol....here's the opposing side's view meant as humor.

Not going to say you're dumb or you are stupid because that would be rude but if you are bird hunting in prime deer bedding areas along Anderson Creek or the Manistee River it's not very smart. Don't get pissed at us deer hunters cause you or your fleazer dog don't have a clue. Yes we have seen you have been working your bird dog there since the opener and seen our stands and bait piles already there and that is certainly not meant as a keep out sign. Sorry if the only thing your fleazer bird dog can point on is a bowl of food. Many guys and gals deer hunt in those areas and there are lots of deer and bedding areas up and down that stretch, I hope you like company watching you and your fleazer from above.

09-Oct-18
AND........ Who in their right mind would waste prime deer hunting days chasing after a dumb little morsel of food.....:-)

Just kidding bird dog guys :-)

11-Oct-18
and the correct thread title for a superior intellect would be, "Not too smart"........hmmmm

12-Oct-18
to, two or too. Picky, picky, picky. LOL

17-Oct-18
I bird hunt a lot, but have to say, its been tough.....anyway, if I see a truck parked, and look into it, and see that a guy looks to be out bowhunting, I move on..... I also bow hunt, and try and be courteous to the other guy.........

we all share the public land, which is a treasure, which we all share, so there is plenty of room for all of us.......

however, lots of stands never get taken down, I can attest to that, I find them everywhere. if that is the case, all bets off, in worried about disturbing another hunter, I just will give him a wide pass

• Sitka Gear